PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Wake

jd7bball
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
We have a '07 Mobius with factory ballast and we can't seem to figure out the best combination of weight, speed, rope length and wake plate % to get a sick wake. I am contemplating getting three FlyHigh 155lb bricks, w/ Tsunami pump, to position around the boat to try and tweak the wake. I ride a 2010 LF Watson Classic 138 which is super poppy but I can't seem to dial in the wake to get that extra boost to perfect my inverts.

Any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated!

KG's Supra24
02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I've always found that SC likes a 60/40 or more split between front/rear weight.

Jon
02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
With the factory Gravity III ballast ballast, fill it all, put the wakeplate at 50%. Go 23.5 at 70-75 ft and it is good.

To get a crazy wake, upgrade to 750's in the rear, then put another 750 lb bag in the bow, plus the stock 400 in the locker, plus a few hundred lbs of lead under the bow cushions. Run the wakeplate at 65% at 24.5 mph at 75 ft.

brain_rinse
02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
We have a '07 Mobius with factory ballast and we can't seem to figure out the best combination of weight, speed, rope length and wake plate % to get a sick wake. I am contemplating getting three FlyHigh 155lb bricks, w/ Tsunami pump, to position around the boat to try and tweak the wake. I ride a 2010 LF Watson Classic 138 which is super poppy but I can't seem to dial in the wake to get that extra boost to perfect my inverts.

Any suggestions or advise would be most appreciated!
Before you go buying stuff try bringing a few extra people next trip and move them around and see what happens. You'll need some additional weight up front if you want to add any in the rear.

If you do decide to spend some money the Fly High integrated bow sac is a great addition. With the bow sac full you can run 750s in the rear lockers... that doubles the factory weight and makes an impressive wake.

My other suggestion would be to GPS calibrate your speedo, then try 22.5 mph, factory 1200 ballast full, wake plate dead center on the gauge, and 70'. Then you can tweak to your liking from there.

Good luck!

bzubke1
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
This is the best set up I've found after a lot of trial and error. Keep in mind I like a very vertical straight up poppy wake. You can also add another 750 in the cabin area and the wake gets a good bit bigger.
The set up is:
Gravity 3 Ballast full.
750lb Fat Sac Across Bow Seats
1950 pounds total.
Wakeplate all the way up.
23.5-24 mpg 65feet
http://vimeo.com/17741689

jd7bball
02-25-2011, 04:36 PM
i tried riding at 70ft running about 23mph with all bags full but the wake seemed tiny and I couldn't go w2w with a super hard cut. I guess i just gotta do some trial and error with the advice you all just gave. Thanks guys

NCSUmoomba
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm gonna be the a-hole and say it. If you can't go W2W with that wake, you're doing it wrong. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am not a good wakeboarder, and I am overweight. I can got W2W behind my Outback DD with NO BALLAST. If you are having trouble with that boat, I would recommend working on technique. So dump the sacs, slow down, and get back to the fundamentals.

BRANDNIRON8971
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Count me as another DD W2W'r. Now the surf wake, thats another story.

jd7bball
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna be the a-hole and say it. If you can't go W2W with that wake, you're doing it wrong. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am not a good wakeboarder, and I am overweight. I can got W2W behind my Outback DD with NO BALLAST. If you are having trouble with that boat, I would recommend working on technique. So dump the sacs, slow down, and get back to the fundamentals.

Solid recommendation. I do need to work on my technique and figure out the set up to get bit more hang time.

bzubke1
02-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I added a 750 in the cabin of the set up I described above. All I can say is wow. Add 6-8 inches on top of the wake in the video and it's hard as a rock!

rdlangston13
02-25-2011, 10:08 PM
im one of those people where i dont care how much better it will make the wake, im not putting a sack anywhere it can be seen lol

bzubke1
02-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah it's definatley an annoyance in the cabin but when you're on the end of the line you couldn't care less. You're just having fun hitting a huge wake.

kaneboats
02-26-2011, 12:31 AM
im one of those people where i dont care how much better it will make the wake, im not putting a sack anywhere it can be seen lol

I'm with you. I suffered through having a DD Outback and being the only surfer. Manually filling 3 bags to surf for 15-20 min. while everybody waited the whole time then waited again for them to drain. No more. If it ain't integrated it ain't in my boat.

NCSUmoomba
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I highly recommend "The Book" series of wakeboard DVD's. They are extremely thorough. Kyle Schmidt is also a fellow Moomba owner too. He and his folks at The Wakeboard Camp do an excellent job of breaking down everything.

bzubke1
03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have it. It is really worth the money. It goes into everything very in depth and you have the option of listening to 4 diffferent coaches explain each maneuver.