PDA

View Full Version : Option help - jump seat and covered motorbox

silverski
01-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Looking for opinions on a couple options I am cosidering.
1. Jump seat - I assume this fills the entry to the bow seating and adds more room in the cockpit area. This is apealing with young kids that I would rather not have floating around the bow. Does this screw up entry to the bow? Does it add legitimate seating?
2. Covered clamshell motorbox - It looks like this is standard on everything but the Outback. If it is not covered I assume it is fiberglass or plastic? Does this scratch up easy or get marked up with equipment and people all over it?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

waterboy
01-03-2005, 03:22 AM
If I could do it over again I'd get the upholstered motorbox. I keep the fiberglass finish on mine waxed and shiny, but it's also very slippery. And I think the covered one would make the interior look a little less sparse.

Brian

dmgx
01-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Silverski. The jump seat is a seat that can be put in or taken out of the boat. There is also a bow filler cushion that can be inserted in the middle of the bow walk-thru, creating a "playpen" Configuration. Hope that helps. Take care, Jay Warren

silverski
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Jay,
Does the jump seat just sit on the floor? Is it designed to sit in the entry to the bow? Could it be put behind the drivers seat if you wanted to get it out of the way? I trailer the boat to a lake so I don't want to deal with taking it in and out of the boat but the extra seating would be nice when you pull from the center pylon.

Jon
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
silverski,

The jump seat does just sit on the floor. It can fit in the walkway between the drivers seat and passenger's area. It also goes great behind the driver's seat. I actually prefer it there.

Brian Raymond
01-08-2005, 01:18 AM
The jump seat is a nice option (it is light wieght and removble). I personally like the covered motor box, because, it adds richness to the boat and is lighter. Since it is covered and padded, when hangin' out, it is cofortable to sit on. Brian Raymond

Woopededoo
01-24-2005, 06:12 PM
does anyone have a picture of this jump seat? Seems like something i might be interested in getting extra for my boat.

I dont have the engine box covered on my outback, and I like it. It still has the small seat on the back of it that is cushioned you can sit on. I've put ton of stuff on it at one time or another and it has not scratched yet.

Woopededoo
01-24-2005, 06:15 PM
does anyone have a picture of this jump seat? Seems like something i might be interested in getting extra for my boat.

I dont have the engine box covered on my outback, and I like it. It still has the small seat on the back of it that is cushioned you can sit on. I've put ton of stuff on it at one time or another and it has not scratched yet.