PDA

View Full Version : Loving the Moombas

skiyaker
02-20-2011, 11:29 AM
well I made the annual pilgrimage to the Indy boat/sport/travel show. First let me tell how much I love the show- all major inboards were well represented, they fill the hockey arena full of booths with reps from resorts marinas, fishing charters, etc. Add in an RV show, fair food, and some brews and its about the most fun you can have in Indiana in Feb

So I went wanting to take a look at the new nautique sport 200- "the V drive approved to tow professional ski tournaments." My thought was that if I get more serious about slalom but don't want a full out tournament boat maybe it would be an option. The boat is nice and the removable center pylon would be a great feature for driving it through the course, but then I looked at the price tag. HOLY CRAP the MSRP is 72k and with the "team edition" package it was into the 90ks. Looked at the BUs, mastercrafts, and other nautiques, and they're all beautiful boats no doubt- but I gotta say the upholstery, new towers, graphics and features in the new moombas are really nice- and I can't find 40k more for the "other boats" If I didn't have this silly skiing habit I'd be in an LSV in a heartbeat.

kaneboats
02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Preaching to the choir this Sunday morning my friend.

maxpower220
02-20-2011, 12:23 PM
The base CC200 had an MSRP of $59K. However, there are some on sale for $48K new. I would believe that the Sport will come down a lot for an actual sale.

However, the Sport 200 is claiming a lot things that I just don't believe. If you need a Vdrive slalom boat, the MC 214V has been out for a while.

Still not sure why manufacturers are building ski boats that no one is asking for. Surely, a 19' boat can be made to make a better slalom wake than a 20+ boat. Fluiddynamics don't change due to marketing, name brand, or price tag.

skiyaker
02-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Still not sure why manufacturers are building ski boats that no one is asking for. Surely, a 19' boat can be made to make a better slalom wake than a 20+ boat. Fluiddynamics don't change due to marketing, name brand, or price tag.

yup-looks like the ideal boat to slalom behind and pull down the course still is not the same boat that is ideal to head out onto the lake for an entire day of boating with the family. Did I mention the lack of storage on the sport 200 even compared to my OBV? soooo... 2 types of boating= 2 different boats. The good news is that for the price of the sport 200 I can keep my outbackV or even trade up to an LSV and find a used prostar or supra comp for the course.

rdlangston13
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
the price of those boats is insane. i think moombas are expensive but those are just silly. i mean, these boats can't cost THAT much to build. there has to be a huge markup