PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass???????????

Yellowmobius
02-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Whatever happened to PP as an option?

Does the "digital" cruise work as well as PP?

mmandley
02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
No Digital cruise is a step up from Moomba Cruise but its no PP. I think now its the Zero Off or something. They changed what its called and i think its GPS based now. Not positive but they still have PP its just called something a little different

ian ashton
02-20-2011, 12:18 PM
My dealer told us that DigitalPro is virtually the same as PP, with the main difference being DigitalPro doesn't have the ability to save rider profiles, where PP did. DigitalPro does ballast levels, speed based (paddle wheel) cruise, and water temp, sounds just like PP to me.

maxpower220
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
In a deal with the waterski boat industry, ZO will provide all new boat with cruise. As part of the deal with PP, ZO will not make non DBW components so that PP will have that market covered.

Blame USA Waterski. You can still get aftermarket support through PP.

jmb
02-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I got to use my pp for the first time this weekend. Absolutely love it. pp is for throttle body and zo is for DBW as stated a couple of messages ago. There is an article on all this in this issue of waterski mag. My pp is GPS driven.

ian ashton
02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I got to use my pp for the first time this weekend. Absolutely love it. pp is for throttle body and zo is for DBW as stated a couple of messages ago. There is an article on all this in this issue of waterski mag. My pp is GPS driven.

Used your boat this weekend aye? I need to move somewhere warm, we have gotten about 6" of snow in the last 3 hours. I hate michigan!

Ian Brantford
02-20-2011, 09:46 PM
While I calibrate using a handheld GPS once a season, I don't think that I would want it to use GPS all the time. I like the speed to be relative to water current. Being able to program an adjustment for wind (when turning around) would be nice though.

Does the current PP still have the ability to use just the paddlewheel for speed reading, or is it only by GPS?

jmb
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
My understanding is that PP is GPS only now. I don't have any current to contend with here. The weather has been great the last week. I'm certainly not banking on it to last though.