PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Mobius LSV

Yellowmobius
02-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Well it has been a long time since I have posted ...

I am looking at a new 2011 LSV with the new tower.

Questions - Which way does new tower fold ? forward or back?

Is the new tower referred to as the V2 ?

moombadaze
02-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Standard tower folds backwards

The new optional tower is the V2 and folds forwards-this is the tower that was on most Malibu's

One thing to keep in mind is the standard tower can have the Z5 cargo bimini and the V2 doesnt.

Happy shopping and good luck selling

Sea N' Things
02-19-2011, 04:05 PM
That Z5 bimini is sweet, yoou can get the option of a V2 or standard tower and yes the V2 does fold forward. My opinion, just my opinion, I'm not a fan of the V2 but maybe it will grow on me over time. This is one of the reasons I bought a new left over 2010.

Good luck with the purchase :)

sandm
02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
board racks don't swivel on the new tower either. not a huge deal, but when gassing at our marina, boards would be in the way of the cover that shades it..

wondering if it limits your options on aftermarket gear such as bimini and speakers due to mounting?

wolfeman131
02-19-2011, 09:38 PM
The standard racks that come with the V2 tower are fixed, but you can order optional, swivel racks for the V2. You can see them listed for this boat under "Tower Accessories."

Bimini options may be limited, but I think you can get plenty of speaker options and the tower is pre-drilled to mount 2 speakers on each side of the tower. It's pretty cool and since the V2 hinges at the bottom, it looks like fishing the wires should be pretty easy.

kaneboats
02-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Bruce, looking at everything you do with the boat I really think you need to demo any boat you are looking at. It seems like you have varying needs and a quick response here and there just isn't going to cut it. But you probably already know that you will have to just get the boat and customize it for your use. Good luck with the new LSV, whichever one you choose!

Yellowmobius
02-20-2011, 10:24 AM
So does anyone know where I can find a photo of the V2 tower folded down on a LSV?

I would like to see the how it clears t
the windshield.

schuylski
02-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Well can't seem to find a pic now, but I've seen one and the top of the tower comes down just inside the windshield.

wolfeman131
02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
So does anyone know where I can find a photo of the V2 tower folded down on a LSV?

I would like to see the how it clears t
the windshield.

@ bottom of page, far right, click to enlarge

http://moomba.com/2011/

Yellowmobius
02-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Wow, thank for the photo link ....when the tower is up it just does not look like it would fold down inside the windshield.

wolfeman131
02-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Should have also mentioned, in case you didn't know, that the V2 is spring-assisted so you can literally raise/lower it with one hand even when loaded with speakers.