PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Roll Tide Fan

wolfeman131
02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
already missing football season and while trolling ESPN, found this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6131518

deerfield, you sure you want your son associating himself with this sort?

kaneboats
02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Most of the fanatics like this never attended the university (or any other university for that matter). I don't think it's a reflection on the students or alumni at all.

JesseC
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
My state is in a huge uproar over this! Those trees have been there for decades and some delusional idiot has to go and ruin it! I have nothing against bama fans and never will. This is an isolated individual that has mental issues. Even all of the Bama fans are irate over this. They want him tried for domestic terrorism and I agree. He has basically poisoned an entire city block with the amount of chemicals he poured on those trees. Unbelievable...

sandm
02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
don't follow sports at all, but that's just plain messed up.

similar story out in the nevada desert when someone came by and chainsawed down the "shoe tree".
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110104/us_yblog_thelookout/famous-shoe-tree-chopped-down-by-dastardly-vandals

why????

flex
02-17-2011, 06:50 PM
My state is in a huge uproar over this! Those trees have been there for decades and some delusional idiot has to go and ruin it! I have nothing against bama fans and never will. This is an isolated individual that has mental issues. Even all of the Bama fans are irate over this. They want him tried for domestic terrorism and I agree. He has basically poisoned an entire city block with the amount of chemicals he poured on those trees. Unbelievable...

it's terrible that one person can destroy a schools tradition that way. i heard about it on the local sports talk radio show this morning.

deerfield
02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
deerfield, you sure you want your son associating himself with this sort?

wolfeman - I have a paperback book about sports fans. It's at home. I don't recall the exact title, but it's pretty funny. Filled with different things people do in homage to their favorite team (professional and collegiate). For exanple, on game day a fan puts on face paint. The real fan does it in oil base so it doesn't run if it rains. And the ultimate fan uses road paint so it never comes off. You get the idea. I agree with the above comments that the dude who poisoned these historic trees is just nuts. Not a real fan. I do have to say that I have never - ever - seen anything like game day at Alabama. I've been to Times Square for New Year's Eve and been at parades for World Series and Stanley Cup chamionships. But none of them compare to the masses of Alabama fans who are committed heart and soul to their team. It's pretty cool and a real culture shift for a norther boy like me. My son already is practicing his "yes, sir" and "no, mam" and asking for sweet ice tea when we go out to eat. And he still has four months left in high school. Roll Tide Roll - Deerfield

wolfeman131
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
As the ever brilliant Forrest Gump once said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Stuart, that last part was meant in jest and I hope that I did not offend you or your son. Being a Big Ten fan, I gotta take cheap shots at the SEC whenever I can.

War Eagle!

Roll Tide!

Go Dawgs!

Rocky Top!

but, I'm stopping short of any kind of cheer for the reptiles in Gainesville.

JesseC
02-18-2011, 01:29 AM
and asking for sweet ice tea when we go out to eat.

The above is a dead give away of a yankee trying to make it in the south!!! Never and I mean never use the word Ice when asking for "Sweet Tea". It is a given that when you ask for "Sweet Tea" that you are going to get ice in it. However if you ask for "Ice Tea" you will get a glass of Tea and Ice with NO sugar along with a spoon and a cup of sugar. You have to get this straight!!! If you ask for Iced Sweet Tea don't stair at the waiter/waitress when he/she asks if you want sugar or not!!!

rdlangston13
02-18-2011, 01:37 AM
i was in wisconsin for work and someone order "southern tea" and i was clueless! apparently up north they call it southern instead of sweet

deerfield
02-18-2011, 09:06 AM
I hope that I did not offend you or your son.

wolfeman - Not at all. You and I are on the same page. All good. Roll Tide - Stuart

kaneboats
02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Big Ten??? Being from the Land of Lincoln I know only one thing about Big Ten sports: MUCK FICHIGAN!

teamctl
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
It was verified, this man never attended the University of Alabama, nor was he a season ticket holder. As an Bama Alumnus, these are the sort of people that make you sick. They are basically TV fans and have made no real investment in the University.

brain_rinse
02-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Big Ten??? Being from the Land of Lincoln I know only one thing about Big Ten sports: MUCK FICHIGAN!
Well then let's make this a teaching opportunity. You're already on the right track...
Shout it with me: GO HAWKS!

http://www.deusterco.com/iowa-hLOGO.jpg

kaneboats
02-18-2011, 12:42 PM
They are getting a new rival next year.

rdlangston13
02-18-2011, 09:18 PM
It was verified, this man never attended the University of Alabama, nor was he a season ticket holder. As an Bama Alumnus, these are the sort of people that make you sick. They are basically TV fans and have made no real investment in the University.

So if you did not attend a university you are not allowed to support it? I know growing up in Lubbock where we did not have a professional sports team Texas Tech was it, it was like our pro team. The whole city was about them.

kaneboats
02-19-2011, 09:51 AM
In Tallahassee they think FSU is a pro team. I guess for a while they were though.

rdlangston13
02-19-2011, 10:23 AM
well when you live in a town that does not have a pro team the local college become your pro team. just like in the real small towns in Texas where there is not a college, everyone in the town attends high school games whether your kids are playing or not. it's their town vs the other towns

kaneboats
02-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Go Dillon Panthers!