PDA

View Full Version : Got to check out some '11 Moomba & Supra boats at Detroit Boat Show...

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I must say, going to the boat show certainly didn't reduce my want to trade-in for an '11 Outback!

Some of the new things I didn't notice in the catalog pictures;
New gauges, fuel gauge is now a part of the speedo and it looks AWESOME!
The new swim platform pads are pretty cool, with the Moomba engraving, however its not SeaDek, which I thought they were going to use...
"carbona texture" on the interior is really nice! It jazzes up the interior a ton, I love it!
Darker carpet!!! They didn't have any boats with it, but just knowing it exists makes me want a new boat, I despise the light gray carpet in my boat, it just wears so poorly, good move on adding a dark option!

I'm not sure the logistics work out for me buying a new boat, but we are looking at it, I guess we'll see. Going to the Grand Rapids, Michigan boat show this weekend, hoping to see some different stuff. The Detroit boat show was about 30% the size it was last year, which was really small. It looks like Grand Rapids will have just about every wake & ski boat manufacturer, so it should be a good time.

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Can't argue with a new boat. Hope it works out for you. Good luck!

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 12:49 PM
"carbona texture" on the interior is really nice! It jazzes up the interior a ton, I love it!

Is that the silver on seats that most of the 2011 Moomba's seem to have in them?

It stood out to me the second I saw it. Gotta admit, not in a good way.

I love the idea of a new boat, though!!

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Yes, it is the silver looking color. In person its a little darker and has a really nice texture, its like a kind of woven type material, I should have snapped a pic.

mmandley
02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I know the material you mean Ian. I like the material but it has to be the right color. SC has started using it and Bu and MC have been using it for a while. It gives it like a carbon fiber look almost to the seats.

Wiht the right color combos i like it but i didnt like the White and silver they had at the PDX show.

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Id really have to look at Bu and MC to see if its actually the same material. To me, it looks cheap. It was actually the first thing i noticed on the boat. To each his own though.

I could see it being a love it or hate it thing.

mmandley
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Well ok it might not be the Exact material but it is for sure them look. :D

sandm
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I like the new material. very nice.
noticed that supra has gone to fuel doors on both sides. wish every boat would do that. also noticed that the 242 had flush led lights on the bottom of the tower for illuminating the floor of the boat. nice touch..
the new pads on the moomba decks looked good, even though they are not seadek.

really felt overall that more and more of the manufacturers in the low-mid tier price range have started to step up the quality/fit/finish and are producing an overall better product for the $$

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
noticed that supra has gone to fuel doors on both sides. wish every boat would do that. also noticed that the 242 had flush led lights on the bottom of the tower for illuminating the floor of the boat. nice touch..

Duel fuel tanks is a very nice feature. Nice to see it extended across the line, i didn't notice that.

Whats with the lights? In the tower or the roswell? I may have missed that too.

Sharp eye sandm

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I dont' think it's duel tanks, just access doors or caps (with necks). This seems really silly to me. Almost every truck takes fuel on the driver's side so why not just put the fuel access on the same side as it ought to be on the truck? Or at least (are you listening SC?) if you are going to only have one put it on that side.

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Yes Kane, you are right. One tank, duel caps/fill ports. My fault.

I think it comes in handy. We have a small gas station at the marina entrance so its nice to be able to get it wherever you can without any tricky maneuvering. Def not the end of the world to wait, though.

Are the single fuel caps really on the driver side of the boat? Poor design.

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Yup! I think the memo said, "make sure you locate the fill port on the driver's side so it will match up with a tow vehicle" -- and that's exactly what they did.

JesseC
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Yup! I think the memo said, "make sure you locate the fill port on the driver's side so it will match up with a tow vehicle" -- and that's exactly what they did.

This drives me crazy!! Every truck I have ever owned has had the fill port on the "port" side and all the boats have been on the starboard side......very annoying. I would love to have them on both sides!! Then I could park in the middle of a gas station and run two pumps at the same time and cut my fill time in half....right????? :) Then run a third one to the truck, that shouldn't piss anybody off.

sandm
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
never figured out the drivers side gas tank on a boat. guess that's one of those "well, been putting it on the drivers side for years, must be ok"...

the lights are built into the tower. not sure if they are roswell or not. def. not an add-on that could be done to our tower, however it could be done with the new forward-swept moomba tower. really reminded me of the lights that are in the otr microwave that shine on the stove. don't know why, but that's the image I got when I saw them :)

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I like the new material. very nice.
the new pads on the moomba decks looked good, even though they are not seadek.

really felt overall that more and more of the manufacturers in the low-mid tier price range have started to step up the quality/fit/finish and are producing an overall better product for the $$

Yes! And the Roswell Swivel Tower Speakers are absolutely KILLER!

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 05:07 PM
One last time because I'm still confused.

Are the lights in the tower? Or are the lights in the speaker bar?

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
This drives me crazy!! Every truck I have ever owned has had the fill port on the "port" side and all the boats have been on the starboard side......very annoying. I would love to have them on both sides!! Then I could park in the middle of a gas station and run two pumps at the same time and cut my fill time in half....right????? :) Then run a third one to the truck, that shouldn't piss anybody off.

I bet it has to do with getting gas on the water - I rarely get gas on the trailer, and when I pull up to the gas dock its waaay easier having the fill on the boats drivers side, rather than the opposite, especially if getting gas without any passengers. Makes pulling up and grabbing the dock a lot easier. That is kind of a silly reason I guess, since I'd imagine the majority of ski/wake boats are trailered and filled up at gas stations rather than on the water...

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Dang, I didn't even think of that. It would be next to impossible in an inboard to have everybody pull up on the opposite side. I'm sure you're right on this one.

sandm
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM

sorry kg. they were recessed into the lightbar.

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/quad-spin-combo

cab13367
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I dont' think it's duel tanks, just access doors or caps (with necks). This seems really silly to me. Almost every truck takes fuel on the driver's side so why not just put the fuel access on the same side as it ought to be on the truck? Or at least (are you listening SC?) if you are going to only have one put it on that side.

Agreed! I can't fuel the boat and the truck at the same time because the fuel doors are on opposite sides.

KG's Supra24
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
sorry kg. they were recessed into the lightbar.

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/quad-spin-combo

Gotcha. Yea, that is a great feature. It is one of the main reasons i stuck with the Roswell pods and 6.5" speakers instead up upgrading to 770s. Provides great ambient light for the whole boat.

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought the Moomba display sucked compared to prior shows. They did not even have the outback dd that I could see. I thought the Correct Craft 200 was the the best ski boat there( sweat looking boat) however when I asked the salesmen what is the boat show price for this they said 55K , and I said were is the pontoon boat that goes w/ the deal. Are you thinking of just trading in your moomba? are they going to give you a good deal on trade in if you buy another?

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 10:29 PM
The trade-in value is what i think will keep me from being able to pull it off, lol. Ive got Rob working the numbers for me, I guess we'll see what happens.

The Nautique dealer has a left over 200 CB (the one that was at Cobo last year) marked down to $48k. That boat is in a league of it's own for sure. Hell, the sticker price on the Outback I want is like $42k before the boat show promo discounts!

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
No way man, sorry to moomba freaks but the 200 correct craft is a better comp ski pull and more bling.For an extra 6 K at that point go for the cc I think they may be better then the MC. I have skied behind everything and the moomba does not get equal to rope lengths less then 22 off and above 34 mph, then it is all the same.

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Sticker price vs. Actual price

As much as I love the closed bow, I don't think it would work for us long term. The 200 at $48k comes with nothing as well, so lots of money to spend to get it "right"

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought it was a open bow sorry, yes that is not worth it. I have been trying to get a new boat for a year and my wife is fronting it, so what ever you can work out before the wedding do it man, and do it right !

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking about wraping my boat to give it a diff look till I can get a new ride. What are you skiing on now?

ian ashton
02-16-2011, 11:36 PM
65" RadaR Senate

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Nice ski I got a senate c for my wife at the end of the season hope she likes it. I got a strada at the end of the year and it is sweat. I can't wait to use my new binding set up. I got some hard shell fluid motions. You need to send me number again so we can do some skiing this summer, we have great skiing on our lake. You can ski our course sat till 12 before there is any anther boats out there. We will have course in as soon as ice breaks

Matt Glenn
02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Do you get waterski mag? If you do you will have to check out my article on the perfect ski warm up in the next issue( march)

ian ashton
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Here is a picture of the lights in the tower:
http://onesevenonetwo.com/Pics/IMG_2682.jpg
^^They are the flat lenses in between the rear facing tower lights^^

KG's Supra24
02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Right, I thought for a second we were talking about lights mounted in the tower. That sounds sweet.

Those are the same lights I have on my 06 with factory light/speaker bar combo. Actually swapped them out this year with ozinuim red lights to match boat. Roswell said they only come in blue :(. Kinda sucks bc the stock ones make the s shape.