PDA

View Full Version : 750 Fat Sack

jmb
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I just bought a 750 bag for the back of my '05 Outback. I hope this will work out. I do not have the wake plate but hopefully this will do fine. I am getting to old (52) for flips or anything like that. Just trying to get a little air and possibly wake to wake. I guess I could stick the stock ballast up in the bow if I needed too. What do you all think? Just curious.

rdlangston13
02-15-2011, 11:43 PM
does anyone know how tall a 750 lb sack is when filled to capacity? or how tall the 400 lb sack is when filled?

DOCDRS
02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
a 750 is 20 x 20 stated, but really about 19x19, filled to cap it may be about 21 inches tall in the center of the bag due to roundness.......it all depends on which 400 you have .....just measure the bag....its easy

rdlangston13
02-15-2011, 11:56 PM
thanks for the info DOC!

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I worked the flips on the trampoline - still haven't perfected the water landing -FWIW- - these wipeouts aren't as bad as faceplanting - in my opinion anyway I'm 42

I've heard of this but my question is "how do you start?" I have no idea where to begin so I've never tried it.

rdlangston13
02-16-2011, 11:45 AM
hell ive been jumping on a trampoline since i was a kid and im only 23 and i still cant land a front flip. used to do back flips off the side of the pool till i smashed my face on vacation in florida one year. i think some people just weren't made to leave the ground.

mmandley
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I've heard of this but my question is "how do you start?" I have no idea where to begin so I've never tried it.

The idea of using a rampoline is to be able to control your rotation and be able to since where you are in the air all the time.

You just gotta jump and start rotating to flip and once you are good at landing on your feet then you transfer that to the wake LOL.

I dont have any real desire to ever flip. I will be happy to go wake to wake and go grabs and maybe some twists or something. I dont have the balance and control to flip on command lol.

rdlangston13
02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I dont have any real desire to ever flip. I will be happy to go wake to wake and go grabs and maybe some twists or something. I dont have the balance and control to flip on command lol.

i heard that!

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Well I can't even do a somersault. Heck I can't even sit "indian" style. I always wondered why Indians wanted to sit on the ground. I'm descended from folks who sat on chairs -- well, actually barstools if you want to get technical -- what time is it in Ireland right now anyway?

jmb
02-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Flat H2O: I bought the bag from wakemakers. I still have the bag that came with the boat so I could put that up front. I still may need to buy a portable pump. I was just going to try the 750lber first and see what it looks like. We are going to have mid to uypper 70's this weekend so I think I am going to put the wet suit on and try it. I don't have the bag yet but ready to get out there. My driver (wife) said she is ready and will pull me. Get to try that new perfect pass.

jmb
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Can I just shorten the rope a little to make it wake to wake? I haven't been using the full length now. I was told to shorten it some so I took 5 foot off. I am going to hopefully try that new hyperlite state that I just bought this weekend.

rdlangston13
02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
it's 5 o clock somewhere