PDA

View Full Version : seadek question

sandm
02-15-2011, 08:18 PM
so since I know almost nothing about the install of seadek, i'm hoping that some of you that have installed it would be able to say wow, what a great idea, or it won't work because....

I've been staring at the ratty black nonskid that boatmate puts on the trailers on the rear. several years of use have shown some wear and they are coming up in a couple of places. diamond would look out of place on mine, so I contemplated ordering the replacement stock from boatmate, but it's north of $100 for the kit. what about ordering a square of seadek and cutting it to do each side? the nonstick currently on my boat is just a tad under 9" wide and totals 54" long. seadek has a square that's 18"x74". just enough to do both sides..

thoughts??

moombadaze
02-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I like it.

maxpower220
02-15-2011, 08:29 PM
You should make a template of exactly what shape/size you want and send it to them. They will let you know the cost before they make it. Then you simply have to install it. There is a video on the Seadeck website to show you how to make the template.

Hoopskier
02-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I'll just throw the idea of Hydroturf out there as well. I used it on my Outback. I know that its competatively priced with Seadek (I thought slightly cheaper). Just saying...

sandm
02-15-2011, 08:56 PM
You should make a template of exactly what shape/size you want and send it to them. They will let you know the cost before they make it. Then you simply have to install it. There is a video on the Seadeck website to show you how to make the template.

sure there's a charge for it, hence the reason boatmate charges more for their knockoff material. it doesn't look like it would be that hard to cut? kind of like a spongy foamboard that will cut easily with a real sharp new razorknife?

cost is $65 for the material, but not sure on shipping.

badasshybrid
02-15-2011, 10:16 PM
I put some of the seadek on my trailer and I like how it looks, it was very easy to do and is easy to cut. I dont know how long it will last climbing on and off with shoes and stuff since it will see heavier traffic than the platform.

If you decide to go with the rubber stuff like what comes on the trailer I have a roll that I will sell you.

rdlangston13
02-15-2011, 10:18 PM
mines diamond plate. i like it