PDA

View Full Version : what's it worth

asil210
02-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I purchased a 2000 Mobius direct drive boat, it sat for 2 years and I have got it running well now (has 800 hours). I spent about $1200 to have gel-coat repair, and am spending $2400 to have it recovered with naugahide following the original pattern. the integrity of of everything else is good. no cracks anywhare, floor solid all over etc. has a pole w/wake rack and a barefoot boom! what is my boat worth? I have no interest in selling it, I am only looking to see if it is worth what I am putting into the boat. fuel guage does not work.

kaneboats
02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
I would guess around $8,000- 10,000, depending on condition, trailer, equipment, etc. You can do a bluebook search for a guideline.

asil210
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
actually, the trailer has sat garaged for all these years as the boat lived on Lake Lanier on a boat lift on the water. The trailer is in absolutely perfect condition. I pulled it from Atlanta to Kentucky. thanks for your insight.

kaneboats
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM
You can search the NADA guide here:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2011/Moomba/Power-Boats

sandm
02-14-2011, 05:56 PM
what is my boat worth? I have no interest in selling it, I am only looking to see if it is worth what I am putting into the boat.

it's only a question that should be answered if you plan on selling it. the question you should be asking yourself is all the money that I'm dumping into this boat giving me the enjoyment my family is looking for. if the answer is yes, then the cash really doesn't matter now. if the answer is no, then by all means sell it and quit spending more.

fuel guage does not work

based on this problem, I'll give ya $500 right now. you should stop spending money and sell it immediately..

viking
02-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I'll give ya $550.............do I hear $600?

JK

Do as Kane suggests and check out NADA. As for actual value - it's worth what somebody will pay you for it in your area, market, and time of year selling.

I personally wouldn't worry much about it if you enjoy every minute on it? Look at what it would cost "to replace it" with a new one and all the repairs will seem minimal imo. If you got bank - order a 2011 :)

asil210
02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I was pleased NADA said it was worth Low retail 16.8 to high 18.8. I have actually known the boat it's whoale life, it was my brother's boat that he bought new, he gave me the family discount!!!! so I am MORE than pleased with the numbers at 8k or 18k. ave no plans to sell it we just about livvd in it last summer, this summber we will enjoy it even more with the new upholstery! thanks for everyone's input. BTW - I must decline such generous offers of purchase, lol.

kaneboats
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Well, congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family. Let's see some pics after you get her all dolled up. If you have any from last year that will get us by in the meantime then post 'em up.

asil210
02-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I just put 1 in my album, not sure how to post it with my name like u did?

kaneboats
02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
There's a tutorial in the help area. See this thread and look at my description starting with post #3:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

asil210
02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
ok, I will, finally put some before pics in the album....photos not good taken with my cell phone.

asil210
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
'ATTACH]7126[/ATTACH'
last summer on the lake

saskyrider
02-15-2011, 06:51 PM
nice looking boat.......

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Sure is. I've always liked red but my wife is convinced it would fade in the FL sun. Oh well.

asil210
02-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks Guys, I have always loved this boat....even though it's 11 years young...I like it even more now.....It's mine, lol. Kaneboats I see you spent some time at Aqualand on Lake Lanier....that's where my boat lived. My brother's house was on the lake, they kept season passes to Aqualand! walk to the dock drop the boat in the water and head to Aqualand for the day. Fun place.

Lisa

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Was only there for the Atlanta Jam a couple of years ago. Very nice place-- beautiful lake- too busy for me though.

Lisa, is that you waving to us in the pic you posted?

deerfield
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM
fuel guage does not work.

asil210 - How do you manage to keep from running out of gas? - Deerfield

deerfield
02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
asil - I moved your thread out of the Classified forum and to this forum where owners show off their Pride and Joy. Hope that is okay by you. When you have a chance, post up more pics. Great boat you got there. And welcome to the Moomba family. - Deerfield

sandm
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
I like the logo's on the side. looks different, not what you see everyday now...

asil210
02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
yes, Lanier is Very busy, but he lives on the North end....MUCH less busy, it's not the "hot spot" like Aqualand area. so it does not see the tourism crowd.

thanks for moving my post, I did not know i was supposed to? or how to.

No, I'm the one taking the photo....my husband was coming to pick me up from parking the trailer. lol, the boat just looked so pretty sitting there! we have an island we go to, then 2 or three of us go out on the boat for a bit, and then go back for a different crew! we are only full of people till we get to our "hang-out spot", then usually just 3 at a time. It has a 26 gallon tank, don't the newer ones have more? my gas guage does not work so I just tracki hours, usually 4+/-. and keep a spare 10 gallons on board, jic. lol.

my boat will be ready end of February.....cannot wait to see it. the gentleman is covering it with original pattern using naugahide, it is much heavier than original material.

kaneboats
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I had the 2000 OB with, I think, 26 gal. My gauge didn't work worth a crap either. I used to top it off, go out for the day, and top it off again. I knew I could do everything we normally do in a day without running out. Keeping extra fuel with you is smart though.

deerfield
02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
thanks for moving my post, I did not know i was supposed to? or how to.

asil - You are welcome. Moving threads, where/when appropriate, is done behind the scenes by moderators. All you need do is enjoy the forum. Again, great to have you here. - Deerfield

viking
02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
'ATTACH]7126[/ATTACH'
last summer on the lake

Nice color combo :)

asil210
02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks, looks even better on a newer boat like yours!;) I have added some photos with all the seat/backs pulled for recovering, I've been working on cleaning up the top deck. LOTS of elbow grease going on. This year it will look/run respectably CLOSE UP! lol.