PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass help!!

rjgaumer
02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi there, I want to install perfect pass in my 2004 XLV. i see all the mastercraft perfect pass units on ebay for great prices. can i use one of these since moombas and mastercrafts both have indmar engines??

Thanks

Rjgaumer

flex
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
i don't think you can, but call pp. they can tell you if it will work or not & give you options what will work best.

brain_rinse
02-14-2011, 05:24 PM
i don't think you can, but call pp. they can tell you if it will work or not & give you options what will work best.
I agee, give PerfectPass a call. I've had great luck with their customer service in the past.

mmandley
02-15-2011, 06:45 PM
You have to be Extreamly carefull when buying a PP from someone or for a different brand boat.

I was going to buy a PP for the Moomba last year and i called and talked to PP and yes there were awesome. They actualy made me decide against the purchase of a used unit.

You will need a Specific model number control box. Also you will need the new display unless its the tach replacement style typicaly found in the older model boats.

PP will sell you any parts that are missing but some of the parts are very expensive to buy on there own.

If you are going to buy used or something for sure get the model and serial number then call PP and cross check it to see if it works.

rdlangston13
02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
mike, of course they made you decide against the purchase of a used unit! they make money on the NEW ones!

mmandley
02-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Yes i understand that, they said they dont mind dealing with people who buy a used one, it just if you dont get the right one, or all the parts arnt there you will pay dearly for the correct parts is more the point i wanted to make.

Trust me im no different then everyone else here, im a DIY guy threw and threw. If i even think i can handle it myself im all over it. Give me a write up and a couple pics and im on it LOL.

sandm
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
so I went to ebay last night. what's up with all the mastercraft pp units? there's a ton on there. one for nautique but nothing for any other brands.
must be a story there somehow..

mmandley
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
all the repo boats LOL People strip that out for some easy cash i bet haha

No seriously i bet its people upgrading to the newer versions of PP and taking that out and resale it thinking it works in all boats.

sandm
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
interesting that they probably didn't do their homework. the onlyinboards dude that sells the upgrade has some kind of a program where he gives you a discount if you send back your original pieces/parts. guessing he's stockpiling them for future repairs?
can't imagine with that many on ebay that there's a real big market for them right now.

wolfeman131
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I bought a used control module from another Moomba owner and the folks a PP were great at making sure I had all the right stuff to do the install. I actually had them send an extra wiring harness as I wasn't sure if I had the right one and when I found that I did, the return and credit back to my account was simple.

moombadaze
02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
a couple pics and im on it LOL.

Thats the way I do it.

If that does'nt work then I grab the writen directions

wolfeman131
02-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh yee of little faith.

I think you interpreted my post wrong. It was lack of faith in myself and that was only b/c I called and placed my order while sitting in a Delta Crown Room at LaGuardia before I had even opened the package. ;)