PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Crash

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.blip.tv/file/3185988/

i think i would just break down in tears in the middle of the free way if that were my boat

wolfeman131
02-12-2011, 01:10 PM
crazy video. i think this was posted here soon after it happened and didn't someone just find this boat for sale again?

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 01:15 PM
yeah, apparently it is on boat trader.

sorry i am a little behind!

sandm
02-13-2011, 11:16 AM
that was the old wakeoutlaws boat.

sailing217
02-14-2011, 10:59 AM
It just sold on ebay for $41k. Seller stated it had a 'Clean' title.....

Centurioncrew members tried to get him to post full disclosure. Ad said he wasn't sure about the warranties, and centurion said it's not covered anymore.

Someone got royally screwed.

If a boat really doesn't have one tiny scratch or ding on the gel-coat after a few years and a new trailer. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Check that VIN on the warranties before signing paperwork. Sad story for everyone and it's still going.

sandm
02-14-2011, 11:43 AM
^that's f'ed up.

won't take long for that story to circulate around the net, and if it was still owned by towanza(wakeoutlaws), I can't imagine why you would not be crystal clear on what you were selling being a small business owner.
if it's private party, then buyer beware..

kaneboats
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I wonder if there was a "total" claim and then an insurance sale, possibly an auction before repairs and the ebay sale. Anyone know?

spencerwm
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Reason number one why not to buy a Centurion. I have never seen a Moomba off of a trailer in a crash with an automobile. Here is a link to more pictures from after the accident. http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php?showtopic=1894&st=60&p=18531&#entry18531

sandm
02-14-2011, 03:05 PM
centurion builds a good boat. that crash is no reason not to buy one. from what I remember of the pics, any boat could have had the same fate.

kaneboats
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, didn't it also have a Boatmate trailer like ours?

mmandley
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
That was posted all over Wake World and there was a link here. The boat suffered really on minor damage when you think about it.

The prop, shaft, and rudder were riped out.

Then it had a lot of fiberglass damage but it never rolled the boat.

I wouldnt be surprised if Nates boat had about the same amount of damage price wise.

Im sure all they did was replace the running gear and repair all the fiberglass and it was a done deal.

The trailer suffered some serious damage. It has the impact damage, then the tongue was slammed into the back of the Dodge towing it. I would think the trailer was what was totaled.

rdlangston13
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
i wonder if there is any actual lasting issue with the boat. like if the structural integrity is compromised even though it was repaired

mmandley
02-14-2011, 10:57 PM
IDK about that. I would doubt any structural damage was caused. These boat really are tanks. I mean you have to think of the dry weight and then realize its made from fiberglass. In the automotive world fiberglass is used to lighten a cars weight yet these boats weight over 4K and sure subtract the drive train and interiors but that's no more 1500 max i expect.

I wouldn't be worried if i bought that boat for the right price, but i do agree the repairs should be documented. I wonder if they have Car Fax for boats? LOL

moombadaze
02-15-2011, 08:16 AM
maybe about the same amount of damage from hitting a rocky sandbar at cruiseing speed-fiberglass damage, running gear ripped off or bent up. How many boats have had that kind of repair work?

mmandley
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Id assume quite a few hell in 09 i read about a Portlander with a MB twice in the same summer he ripped off his lower gear at 5K each repair..

sailing217
02-15-2011, 01:53 PM
The ebay seller bought it at an insurance auction and was reselling. Not sure how it had a clean title, but some states can 'wash' the title if repaired to 'new'. It looks like they did great fiberglass work, but I'd be concerned about the structure.

IMO it's definitely not worth $41k, but maybe half that. The issue is the Crew members told the seller about the history and wouldn't disclose it.

Spencerwm: that is funny. It came off the trailer because of no bow chain. After discussing it, some of us agree we don't want our boat rolling our truck with it. The people in the truck are the most important thing. Discussion for a different topic, but 4k lbs of fiberglass doesn't care what name is printed on it, comes down to physics.