PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Moomba

chiro1
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and new to Moomba boats. This afternoon I am picking up a used (55 hours) 2007 Moomba Outback. We have agreed upon a price of $26500 for the boat. I know the MSRP is not that much more for a brand new boat but I can't even come close to this price on a new outback. The dealers are talking high 30's for price. I just can't seem to find a better deal on a Moomba. Am I paying too much or does this sound about right?

DOCDRS
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Is it from a dealer or private sale? Low hours , has it been winterized properly?

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
welcome to the family! you'll find a lot of helpful info for any aspect of your boat and a lot of guys can help ya do dang near anything on this forum just ask.

i think thats a pretty fair price for both people yeah it is a 2007 but it'd be hard to find a boat with that low of hours. did the seller take you out on it before ya bought it to make sure everything runs fine?

congrats on the boat purchase!

chiro1
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for replying!

Private sale, 55 hours, winterized. Super clean. No dings.

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
That sounds like a good price to me, but it also probably depends on the options.

Does it have:
-Tower
-Appearance Package (Stainless Steel Rub Rail, Cleats, Docking Lights)
-Ballast

?

DOCDRS
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
dealer winterized or owner. If owner I would ask how he did it, make sure nothing is cracked

chiro1
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Yep, Dealer winterized and seller has all the service records.

It has the wake plate and tower but I don't think it has a ballast system.

Also seller has upgraded the stereo with tower speakers as well.

has the chrome package.

It sounds like I'm not really over paying from the feedback so far. I just thought I better check before I finalize everything tonight.

I'm in Minnesota so I am going to have a very difficult time waiting for spring with this thing in my garage!

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I know how that goes! We ordered our Outback in Late February/Early March of '08 and had to wait until the last week of May to take delivery, it was the longest few months of my life!

kaneboats
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a really nice boat. Post up some pics when you get a chance. We love pics! Welcome to the family!

sandm
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
congrats and pics of the delivery :)

RickT
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Hope you enjoy the boat,

Rick Tinker

deerfield
02-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and new to Moomba boats. This afternoon I am picking up a used (55 hours) 2007 Moomba Outback. We have agreed upon a price of $26500 for the boat. I know the MSRP is not that much more for a brand new boat but I can't even come close to this price on a new outback. The dealers are talking high 30's for price. I just can't seem to find a better deal on a Moomba. Am I paying too much or does this sound about right?

chiro - Hope you strike a deal and buy. I have the same boat ('07 Outback). Took this pic at last summer's owners' reunion in the Chicago area. Best boat I ever owned. - Deerfield

Hoopskier
02-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Chiro, I haven't price any boats lately but my initial impression is it sounds fair. With so few hours, its definately a nothern climate boat (mn as you say). I only have 120 hrs. on mine, bought 2 yrs ago with 85. When you get a chance, post some pictures!

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I don't understand how you people in Minnesota buy boats! You can only use the thing for like 3 months! and even then the water is cold! lol

skiyaker
02-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't understand how you people in Minnesota buy boats! You can only use the thing for like 3 months! and even then the water is cold! lol

conversely- I don't understand how you southerners get anything done; I mean if you can boat year round when do you have time to do household repairs, change the oil in your truck, shop for your wife's birthday, go to Thanksgiving dinner etc... I'm already thinking I better get my taxes done before the lake thaws. And if you're like me and plan having your kids around boating season when would you do that either? :)

Seriously Chiro enjoy that boat- get a dry suit and jump in as soon as the ice melts!

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 11:23 AM
conversely- I don't understand how you southerners get anything done; I mean if you can boat year round when do you have time to do household repairs, change the oil in your truck, shop for your wife's birthday, go to Thanksgiving dinner etc... I'm already thinking I better get my taxes done before the lake thaws. And if you're like me and plan having your kids around boating season when would you do that either? :)

Seriously Chiro enjoy that boat- get a dry suit and jump in as soon as the ice melts!

well although the weather allows for year round boating with the aide of a drysuit down here i dont really get in if the water falls below 70 haha. i couldnt afford to go boating year round anyways, do you have any idea how much gas you would be buying? i cringe just thinking about it

Mikey
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
70.. If we waited till it got to 70 we would do virtually No boating. 70 is on the verge of bathtub water to us.

moombadaze
02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
21 yrs ago when we moved to florida from Washington state we were out in the water yearround, now were down to about 8 months of water use and slowly working our way down to about 7 months of water use. This keeps up and were going to need to move further south

viking
02-23-2011, 12:27 AM
price seems to be in the ballpark. Single axle or dual axle trailer? That would be another bigger item with price disparity. Hope you bought and enjoy. I love mine :)

TL7
02-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Price seems fair. For comparison, last year at this time I sold our 07 Outback for 23.5k. It did not have a wakeplate or tower speakers, but had everything else. It had about 330 hours if I remember correctly. Considering the low hours, tower speakers, chrome, etc., it looks like you are getting a good deal. Bottom line is this - if you're happy with it, it's a good deal.

Congrats and enjoy the ride!