PDA

View Full Version : 3 Cruise Control Options for 2011, What are the differences?

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Cruise - Digital (Standard)
This is the new name for "Moomba Cruise" I'm guessing - is there any difference from what I have in my '08?

Cruise - Digital Pro with Display ($495)

Cruise - Zero Off GPS ($1,295)

Does anyone have any dash pictures of any/all of the cruise options? I'm thinking I'd want Zero Off in a new boat, but I'm curious what the Digital Pro with Display looks like?

mcdye
02-11-2011, 01:50 PM
To my knowledge they have not change from a 2010 to 2011, download a 2010 manual,

Pg 36 image and info for the Digital (Moomba Cruise). Pg 57 for image and info the Digital Pro (DP) and Zero Off GPS

We have the DP and love it.

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Ahhh that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!!

STANG KILLA SS
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
i had a 03 LSV with perfect pass pro. i just traded it in on a '11 LSV with digital cruise pro. im anxious to get the boat to see how they compare.

mcdye
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
i had a 03 LSV with perfect pass pro. i just traded it in on a '11 LSV with digital cruise pro. im anxious to get the boat to see how they compare.

I had an '02 OB LSV with PP and they function the same but better... no server motor.. :)

jmvotto
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Cruise - Digital (Standard)
This is the new name for "Moomba Cruise" I'm guessing - is there any difference from what I have in my '08?

Cruise - Digital Pro with Display ($495)

Cruise - Zero Off GPS ($1,295)

Does anyone have any dash pictures of any/all of the cruise options? I'm thinking I'd want Zero Off in a new boat, but I'm curious what the Digital Pro with Display looks like?

Ian you hunting for a new Moomba, How's the knee these days, any snowboarding?

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I think I'd buy a new Outback if I can strike the right deal with the dealer! I figure if im going to do it I need to before I give L this ring, once she has that im sure my big purchases will be limited to baby furniture and wedding stuff!

Knee is getting there, no snowboarding yet; I'm debating on hitting the snow in late March (we have a trip planned) but not sure if I want to risk it so close to water season!

maxpower220
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
If you are running the course and want the "best", then go with ZO. If you don't run the course or you aren't looking to compete, then one of the others is probably the way to go. Also, since ZO is GPS based, it has some minor issues when used in rivers (the current).

jmb
02-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I just had perfect pass put in my '05 outback. Pick the boat up tomorrow. Can't wait. Talking about 70 maybe by next weekend. Can't wait to see how PP works. GPS but servo controlled. Hopefully it will be great.

deerfield
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I just had perfect pass put in my '05 outback. Pick the boat up tomorrow. Can't wait. Talking about 70 maybe by next weekend. Can't wait to see how PP works. GPS but servo controlled. Hopefully it will be great.

jmb - My wife, son, and I may be in Tuscaloosa the last week of March. Sure would like to see that perfect pass in operation. - Deerfield

jmb
02-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Deerfield: You are more than welcome to check it out. I just got the boat home a couple of hours ago. Been out in the yard fooling with it and setting it up. Will have to learn how to use it. Looks like itr is going to warm up this week so might be able to get the boat out

Matt Glenn
02-13-2011, 04:21 PM
IF you don't mind me asking how much did it cost and how much was instal. Did they take out the moomba cruise and put this in it's place. I would love to have this done in my outback. I

jmb
02-13-2011, 09:24 PM
My Outback is an '05. It didn't have any cruise control at all in it. The PP cost just over a thousand. I got the boat out of the shop for 1400 but had oil changed in the trailer hubs, Shaft alignment, and a couple of Ballast hoses replaced. I took the boat out for about an hour today and got to fool around with it a little bit. Love it already and haven't even been behind the boat yet. I already have my name programmed in for skiing and waboarding speeds. I can't wait to get behind the boat