PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while, an update about me...

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've logged in and posted, so I figured I'd stop by and say 'whats up!'

Some of you may remember my skiing injury in July - I had surgery in September replacing my ACL and PCL, and removing "debris" from my meniscus, as well as "smoothing out" my LCL and MCL. The surgery went well, I started Physical Therapy about 6 weeks post-op and continued 4 hours, 3 days a week until the beginning of January. I'm now doing my own work out and getting ready to get back in the water, hopefully in April. My ACL is rock solid, and my PCL is getting there - it was my choice to have it done, I knew the "success" rates for a PCL replacement were pretty low, but I figured I might as well go for it, as it couldn't be any worse than what I started with, lol. So, I've got 1 more post-op appointment with my surgeon and hope to be "released" to normal life (with a brace for sports for a year or so) in March.

On a lighter note, I've got some sweeeet scars to show off now!

I miss warm weather, this Michigan snow sucks!

kaneboats
02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear you're coming along in the rehab. I'm sure thinking about the water is great motivation but I know it's still hard. Hope you're back to 100% soon!

brain_rinse
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Good news, and chicks dig scars. I hear you on the snow... time for some warmer temps!

ian ashton
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Coming back to this site is dangerous, I'm currently pricing out and day dreaming a scheme to buy a new boat, lol...

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
i do more wakeboarding and surfing then anything but when i wakeboard i feel so much more confident with my brace... i won't have to wear it this summer as i'll be 2 and half years out of acl surgery but i will just to prevent it from happening again. i don't feel like it hinders me much at all but its always in the back of your mind.

glad to hear things are going well... the rehab always pays off!

moombadaze
02-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Ian, glad to hear your doing good.

One good thing about all that snow is the lakes will be full

maxpower220
02-11-2011, 09:28 PM
It took me 1 full year to get to about 90% of where I was pre-injury/surgery. The rest came in the 6-8 months. As was said, it is always in the back of my mind. Everything works in my knee, but I have some pain sometimes and my range of motion is "normal" but not like the other leg.
Good luck with the rest of rehab. Don't get down if you feel "less than 100%" this year. It will come.

cab13367
02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Ian, good to hear that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Sounds like you have definitely been putting in the work as far as rehab. Good work!

skiyaker
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Coolie- I'm glad you're on your way back. Because of you I bought a travel case for my Radar Senate and won't ever borrow a ski again! Hang in there man- the ice will melt soon!

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 01:36 AM
OUCH! Glad to hear you are healing nicely! That sounds like a pretty extensive injury. You will be back in the water cutting it up before you know it!

wolfeman131
02-12-2011, 12:54 PM
wassup Coolio?!?! glad to hear things are coming along well. keep up with the rehab and get ready for the warm temps.

jmvotto
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Coolio.... Glad the knee is on the mends, looks like winter sports are off the table for this season. Glad to see you back on here.