PDA

View Full Version : cable parks

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-08-2011, 08:22 PM
i read about this for the first time in a wakeboarding magazine i had. has anyone seen or visited a cable park to either board or ski?

bzubke1
02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I've done it. It takes a little while to get used to but it's a lot of fun, just different from boat riding. The only thing I didn't like was whenever you fall you have to take your board off, swim to the side, walk back to the dock and then wait in line. It really discouraged me from trying new stuff. But on the other hand it only costs you the price of admission for a full days riding instead of 80 or 100 bucks.

brain_rinse
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
I have gone to KC Watersports a few times. The walk of shame is no fun but getting big air off the kickers and sliding on the rails makes it all worth it. Good opportunity to work on riding switch and cutting hard toeside too.

theDug
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I've done two, one in Oklahoma(COW-C) and one in Ohio(Wake Nation). They are awsome, especially if you want to work on your own personal skills. When you take a boat full and are limited on your time behind the boat you might not try alot of new tricks. At the Park do the tricks you know while going around the loop, then on the last ramp before it circles around go big, if you crash up shorter walk to the line. Also nice on your days off when you can't get a crew to hit the lake with you. It is different than being pulled behind a boat, but all the fundementals are the same.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
well its around a 4 hour drive but thinking about checkin out the one in cincy ohio. does it mess up your board hitting the box and stuff ...with the fins i didn't know how that'd work

brain_rinse
02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
It'll scuff it up quick. I'd use the opportunity to demo a flex board if you can!

bzubke1
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
If you're board is stil under warranty I would rent a board because once you hit a slider or kicker you're warranty is void. Also it does scuff the bottom of the board pretty good.