PDA

View Full Version : How durable is Seadek

nibots
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I would like to change the rubber pad on my swim platform. I am looking at a Seadek pad. How durable is this stuff. My pad now is just hard rubber. I do not want to change it and then have it get all gouged up from board fins and stuff. It sounds like a Seadek pad is thicker and has more cushion than my stock pad.
Thanks.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-08-2011, 08:25 PM
best money spent on the boat. i doubt you'll find anyone on the site bad mouth the sea dek pad in fact there has been a few different group buys... it was in such demand to get rid of the old junk pad. old pad got black crap all over boat when it breaks down the from sun and gets pretty darn hot to stand on new pad is great i know a few guys who get laced up in their board on the pad and haven't tore it yet

kaneboats
02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Stuff is fantastic. I swear by it. Best upgrade I made. You can try to get a group buy going. In the old days I think it took 8 or 10 to get a decent price but it's worth it even if you pay retail.

mmandley
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Had mine on the boat 2 years, got a few nicks and small cuts in is from boards and even dog claws when my pup was freaking out when he fell off lol. Even with the little nicks it still looks great.

I might be doing another group buy in April. SC is sending me a new swim platform for warranty and it will have the new 2011 pad but i know its not as soft as the Seadek so i might be in the market to a new one then.

viking
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
get it and you won't regret :)

jmvotto
02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Got mine around Christmas still in the box looks and feels great.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0057.jpg

mcdye
02-09-2011, 08:48 AM
On my second one, I have ordered due to new boat, it is on the weather project to install. It is possible to nicks from center fins. But it feels so good on the feet.

rdlangston13
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
how hard is it to get it lined up right so it goes on straight? that is my biggest fear having it on the swim deck slightly crooked.

kaneboats
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Easy! You line it up perfectly and put some masking tape on to mark where it goes. THEN you peel the sticky back off and apply. There's no going back so get it right before you peel.

It's so easy little kids can put it on.

moombadaze
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
2 years now and no issues other than my 80lb dog's claw marks-my fault anyway as he was trying to climb back in from deep water.

rdlangston13
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
you dogs paws/claws do not poke holes in the seats?

moombadaze
02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Nope-no issue's inside the boat at all and my older one has some sharp long claws. Its rare for them to be in the boat, but last summer we took them on vacation with us and they spent the week in the boat. Most of the time they would just lay down and sleep-except for one time when we beached and Dakota misstook Kaneboats boat for ours and jumped in it-running down the beach and he leaps about 4 feet away from the boat and clears the bow and lands in the cockpit of his boat full of sand and soaking wet, words cant discribe how i felt right then and there.

rdlangston13
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
ive felt kind of like that before, you know, wandering through the parking lot and you see someone else car but it looks just like yours but the dang key just wont work!

kaneboats
02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Well the dog is colorblind so I forgave him. Besides, Moombadaze let all the kids pet both dogs all week for free.

jmvotto
02-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Nope-no issue's inside the boat at all and my older one has some sharp long claws. Its rare for them to be in the boat, but last summer we took them on vacation with us and they spent the week in the boat. Most of the time they would just lay down and sleep-except for one time when we beached and Dakota misstook Kaneboats boat for ours and jumped in it-running down the beach and he leaps about 4 feet away from the boat and clears the bow and lands in the cockpit of his boat full of sand and soaking wet, words cant discribe how i felt right then and there.

That's just too funny, sorry pat, I have three labs and I can see them doing that....;)

wolfeman131
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Well the dog is colorblind so I forgave him. Besides, Moombadaze let all the kids pet both dogs all week for free.

my kids aren't colorblind & he forgave them too for doing the same thing. kaneboats is a softy for kids & pets, especially when the apology is offered with a cold beer in hand.

kaneboats
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I think you should take care of your boat. But, there's a line. We've talked before about the shoes and how everybody draws the line in a slightly different place. I had an uncle once who lived in IL and only allowed his boat to be used in Wisconsin. Nobody but him was allowed to drive it. One summer they took it out only one time. Another summer they took it out twice. He had 5 boys and only one of them has a boat now.

My Dad let everybody drive the boat. I think my grandpa's dog even got to drive it. Everybody drove, everybody skied. We'd polish the crap out of it and then go get it dirty and use it nonstop all weekend long. There were four of us boys and all four of us have had or do have boats.

Just me but I think if you let worrying about the boat ruin your good time you're missing the point of the boat. It's gonna get a scratch here and there. It's going to get wet. It's going to get dirty. Sure, you can clean and polish it and you should, but on the water just enjoy!

2007 Outback V
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Just me but I think if you let worrying about the boat ruin your good time you're missing the point of the boat. It's gonna get a scratch here and there. It's going to get wet. It's going to get dirty. Sure, you can clean and polish it and you should, but on the water just enjoy!

Well said. Besides if everyone helps clean the boat after a good day/week, it is bright and shinny in no time.

I think the story about moombadaze's dog is hilarious! Too bad that wasn't on video. LOL Thanks for sharing daze.

Mrs.Daze
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Here's my handsome man Dakota!
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r390/MrsDaze/Miami/Dogs003.jpg

rdlangston13
02-12-2011, 01:46 AM
yeah, i wouldnt mind a dog on my boat but i think i would make some kind of boot for the feet lol. holes in upholstery are not as easy to repair as dirt. however our dogs consist of a toy poodle 5 lbs, a chiwawa 3 lbs, and a mini dach 5 lbs...so if you add all three together you will have a light bowling ball lol

mmandley
02-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Thats pretty funny lol

Last spring we were out on the lake and Al was out too we tired our boats up and were just relaxing and talking and had Oso with us and he was only 4months old (black lab) Al kids were petting Oso and later Oso kept wanting to get in ALS boat so he figured out he could jump across the sun decks.

We thought he wanted to go check out ALS boat. Not exactly he jumped over there and squatted to pee. I flew over the boats and tossed the first thing I could under him ( his daughters extra shirt) lol

I grabed all my boat cleaning stuff and srubed ALS boat down and got Oso off his boat. Everyone was laughing but me and Claudia.

I never apologized so much in my life, same as Claudia.

In the end Al made acgrest joke of it.

He said damn that dog is already so well trained he knows not to pee in your boat but everyone elses fair game lol

I worry about claws in the boat but I trim them and keep your dog calm and it's no issue.

Or buy a product called soft claws it's a plastic cap that glues over there laws kinda like your wifes nails, or at least mines lol.

moombadaze
02-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Mike, Man do I know how you felt