PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Tower Height

Rusten
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
EdG didn't have an answer for me, and suggested I pose the question here..

Anyone have any idea of the distance between the top of the wakeboard tower and the water? Or the tower and the floor? Outback V preferred -- but the LSV is still more helpful than nothing.

I've been searching, went through the manual, etc -- can't find it. Trying to plan on whether we need to fold the tower, and if so, whether we should consider the LSV over the OBV (as mentioned in former thread).

Thank you in advance!

wolfeman131
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Rusten - it's different on the 2011 LSV's for the V2 tower and the standard tower. At the Atlanta Boat Show, I had a guy ask the same question & it's tough to answer b/c of the way different lifts contact the boat, whether it's a hydrolift or cradle lift, etc. I did take a tape measure to a Supra 21V and dropped it from the top of the tower to the floor and it was right around 9 ft. I'd guess a bit less for an LSV since the hull isn't as deep and more so for the OBV for the same reason.

Rusten
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, definitely, I understand the number for tower-to-ground would be hugely different.

I was not looking for tower-to-ground measurements, but more of tower-to-waterline in the boat, or tower-to-boat-floor.

Even the wakeboard tower dimensions would be great (I went to New Dimension Towers, who make the Rad-A-Cage, and couldn't find tower dimensions there either).

For some reason, I thought wakeboard towers had a standard height, something like 55" or so, but I cannot seem to find any mention of this, so perhaps I am wrong.

If I could just get the Rad-A-Cage dimensions, I could combine that with the freeboard, which I believe is 2' on the Outback, and that would be perfect.

kaneboats
02-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I could have sworn a few years ago one of the aftermarket manufacturers claimed the attachment point was "8 feet above the water" or something like that.

Rusten
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I have seen that mentioned once.. Monster, who is probably one of the larger after-market manufacturer's, claims 7' over water height.

But I've never been able to find any "official" notes along these lines. I suppose I could use 7' as a benchmark, if I cannot get any other data.

Rusten
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I did a bit more searching. It seems there is no tournament-standard like the AWSA has for everything relating to slalom.

However, I seem to have read, more often than not, that 7' above the water "or so" is the most standard, and many people go higher.

I cannot imagine the Rad-A-Cage on the OBV is more than the "standard". What do you say, Ed, when you're in the boat and you reach up .. is it about 7' off the floor, or would you say that 7' is the measurement to the top ball?

NCSUmoomba
02-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Although I don't know the direct answer to waht is being askd, I did notice something interesting about the V2 tower at the boat show in Raleigh this weekend. I got in the Gravity XLV and walked around and really liked it, but I don't need a boat that big. So I got in the LSV, more my size, and hit my head on the V2 tower?!?!?! I realized that the towers are the exact same size, but the XLV has taller gunwhales. So if you guys are 6 foot tall like me, get the XLV or a big bottle of asprin. I guess you can still get the standard tower to solve the issue since they are both made specifically for each of the boats (I think).