PDA

View Full Version : multi depth finder power hookup

moombadaze
02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
this is for my little fishing boat.

I have 2 depth/fish finders-one at the helm and the other up front. Bass boat style. Question is can I take and run both power wires to one wire going to the battery.Plan to put in a inline fuse for each unit. I looked at a small fuse box but I dont plan on adding any other electronics so if I dont need a fuse box I dont want to buy one.

thanks

lsvboombox
02-02-2011, 10:18 AM
this is for my little fishing boat.

I have 2 depth/fish finders-one at the helm and the other up front. Bass boat style. Question is can I take and run both power wires to one wire going to the battery.Plan to put in a inline fuse for each unit. I looked at a small fuse box but I dont plan on adding any other electronics so if I dont need a fuse box I dont want to buy one.

thanks

I did that on my stratos, I have 3 HDS units and the lss-1. I basically used a large gauge wire from the battery to the cockpit then into a relay out of that relay I pulled 4 wires fused them and they go to each unit. I use the accessory switch to activate the relay. Those units draw less than 3 amps each...

moombadaze
02-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks, glad to know I'm on the right pathway

Razzman
02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Put a bussbar or terminal trip somewhere, run your large gauge from the batt to it then takeoff your two power wires fused inline to each depth finder.