PDA

View Full Version : Vest Question?

Sabe
01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
I have always wore a more traditional zip-up front vest. I tried on a pullover vest the other day and it was extremely comfortable but i'm worried how much of a pain the pullover style would be to get on and off when its wet. Anybody that wears a pullover style let me know how they are getting on and off when wet and how they like them. Thanks.

WaterBullDawg1980
01-31-2011, 05:51 PM
I have always wore a more traditional zip-up front vest. I tried on a pullover vest the other day and it was extremely comfortable but i'm worried how much of a pain the pullover style would be to get on and off when its wet. Anybody that wears a pullover style let me know how they are getting on and off when wet and how they like them. Thanks.

I use a pullover, but it has a zipper on the side so it makes it a breeze. I love the pullovers and would not go to back to zipping it in the front. Not much a real reason, other than the ones with the front zipper are more uncomfortable to me and do not look as "cool" as the pullovers.

Looking cool is very important to me, bc my daughter who is 7 recently informed me that I was in fact not "cool". Not sure when this happened, but it seems like once i turned 30 my coolness left. :confused:

lsvboombox
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM

most of those pullovers are not CGA, THe CGA side entry ones are great though.. I have a jet pilot stance and looking to pick up a Liquid force Manifesto or the Hyperlite Hatch

hattrick
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I use a pullover, but it has a zipper on the side so it makes it a breeze. I love the pullovers and would not go to back to zipping it in the front. Not much a real reason, other than the ones with the front zipper are more uncomfortable to me and do not look as "cool" as the pullovers.

Looking cool is very important to me, bc my daughter who is 7 recently informed me that I was in fact not "cool". Not sure when this happened, but it seems like once i turned 30 my coolness left. :confused:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That always hurts!!! Sorry to hear you got that response!! The good news is they (kids) change their outlook on their parents regularly it seems.....soon enough you wil be "The Man" once again!!!:D

kaneboats
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM

Hmm-- wonder if Wolfeman has any "cool" left- he turned 40 today.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
I wear the hyperlite side entry and love it. It isn't hard to get in and out of at all. I've heard a lot of people wearing the non CGA for surfing. I can see it being OK for surfing but not for wakeboarding, imo.

bzubke1
01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I use a cwb essential it's one of very few side entries that are CGA. I never noticed much of a comfort difference between a quality front zip jacket and quality side entry I just think the side entry looks better. It sucks that all the best looking vests are non-cga.

cmtaylor777
01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I wear the hyperlite side entry and love it. It isn't hard to get in and out of at all. I've heard a lot of people wearing the non CGA for surfing. I can see it being OK for surfing but not for wakeboarding, imo.

Same here. Pretty stupid to go non-cga when wakeboarding. Even pros crash and burn. I have been told that the Pros refrain from using CGA because it limits their movement. I would think drowning would be a little more limiting. :rolleyes:

Surfing is a little different though. I can see using a non-cga for that.

yearround
02-01-2011, 12:10 AM
side entry CGA for me. first used them about 25 years ago. nothing but for the last 5 years. i feel they are more comfortable to wear. floatation is the same to be CGA, i think it is just placed a little different.

i have used the non CGA, they are more difficult to get on, wet or dry, and they don't float to well.