PDA

View Full Version : Transducer location (In hull)

hattrick
01-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Can anyone tell me where the best location is to epoxy a transducer for my new Faria depth finder? I am assuming it should be located away from other electronic equipment, but I am not sure where on the boat the hull is solid (all fiberglass, where no foam etc. is present) Thanks in advance for any information! :D

FYI: I have a 2009 Moomba Outback V

dru1974
01-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Not surewhere you would put the device but it's no called a transducer. A transducer measures pressure. A thermister temPerature and so on....

deerfield
01-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Can anyone tell me where the best location is to epoxy a transducer for my new Faria depth finder? I am assuming it should be located away from other electronic equipment, but I am not sure where on the boat the hull is solid (all fiberglass, where no foam etc. is present) Thanks in advance for any information! :D

FYI: I have a 2009 Moomba Outback V

hattrick - On my '07 Outback the factory-mounted transducer (yes, the owner's manual identifies it a a transducer) is affixed to the hull near the bilge pump. - Deerfield

moombadaze
01-29-2011, 10:14 PM
mounted mine in front of the V-drive

lsvboombox
01-29-2011, 10:58 PM
mounted mine in front of the V-drive

+1 in my lsv the transducer is just off center (to starboard) right in front(bow) of vdrive

hattrick
01-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the input everybody. I just bought a new (demo model) 2009 Outback V. This is my first wakeboard boat so I have enjoyed and appreciated all of the friendly insight on this forum. I haven't taken delivery of it yet but will post pictures when I do. Thanks again! :D

kaneboats
01-30-2011, 02:20 AM
I hope to God you are a 'Hawks fan, Hattrick, being from IL! Be sure to post pics of the new purchase when you get it home. We love pics around here. Congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family! Please add your city, etc., when it's convenient as we may have Moomba friends in the area that may want to stop by and drink your beer to celebrate the arrival.

Pics posting tutorial is in the FAQ or right here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

mmandley
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
My factory transducer was mounted right in front of the paddle wheel for the speedometer. When i replaced it with a new style i mounted it same place but then my paddle wheel is acting up. So i am going to switch there positions and hope it fixes it.

hattrick
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
I hope to God you are a 'Hawks fan, Hattrick, being from IL! Be sure to post pics of the new purchase when you get it home. We love pics around here. Congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family! Please add your city, etc., when it's convenient as we may have Moomba friends in the area that may want to stop by and drink your beer to celebrate the arrival.

Pics posting tutorial is in the FAQ or right here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

You bet I am a hawks fan!! I grew up playing hockey and watch every Hawks game! I will post pictures as soon as I take delivery of the new member of the family. It won't be for several weeks however. I bought the boat from an out os state dealer. I am having them install a few "extras" therefore I will not be able to pick it up for about 4 weeks or so as they need to order the parts.

hattrick
01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
FYI

transducer IS the correct terminology.

http://www.fishfinder-store.com/whtrtouse.html

Welcome to the family hattrick! Your gonna love that boat. Putting in a depth finder is a very wise move.

Thanks for the link Ed G......I will check it out.......I have owned a boat since I left "the nest".......I feel blind when I don't have one :)

cachais
02-01-2011, 10:54 AM
I tested mine before I glued it in and am glad I did because the original spot I had marked would not have worked at higher speeds. I installed the depth sounder, connected it to power and routed the transducer wire but held off on glueing until I was able to try it out. There are a few methods out there to use when testing, but I used the water in a plastic grocery bag (fill the water to about the halfway mark on the transducer and just set it in the area you want to test). I also used a piece of tape over the top of the bag to hold the bag/transducer in place. I was able to move the transducer around, speed the boat, make sharp turns etc..ensuring the best spot. The original spot I planned on using ended up not working at higher speeds in my 08 Outback DD. Good luck!

psycho-heico
02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I would like to see where you glued yours in the hull..I too have a DD and this will be a spring project for me..Thanks