PDA

View Full Version : Engine light on

Tro
01-28-2011, 09:01 AM
The engine light came on after 1.5 h, all parameters are OK, oil level fine, default detected with smooth running. I expect to check with computer and dedicated software next week but looking for any one having same experience.

mmandley
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
As long as you dont mean the light on the lower panel is on when your are less then 1200 RPMS. Thats normal.

Engine Nut
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
The engine light came on after 1.5 h, all parameters are OK, oil level fine, default detected with smooth running. I expect to check with computer and dedicated software next week but looking for any one having same experience.

It always helps when you do a post asking a question like this that you include the year and model of the engine.

Tro
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Sorry, it's a LSV 2007 and light stays on whatever the RPM.

rdlangston13
01-29-2011, 04:11 PM
mine was on for a hour or so the first time i took my boat out after i bought it used. it went off tho and never came back on??

kaneboats
01-30-2011, 01:56 AM
That happens in my car. I keep a roll of electrical tape in the center console so I can tear a piece off and put it over the light on the dash when that happens.

rdlangston13
03-28-2011, 02:23 AM
so i took her out this weekend and the check engine came on first thing we we fired it up and stayed on but about about 3 ignition cycles and then turned off. then the next morning it came on again for a few ignition cycles and then went off...all parameters were good on the gauges and it ran like a champ...

canadasteve
05-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Did you ever solve this?

myster
05-22-2011, 08:43 AM
I have the same issue with my 08 xlv gg, light was on all last year and I just put her in the water yesterday, surprise still on!! boat works fine tho, some computer glitch i suspect

FLTH2O
05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Is this a Cat engine ? how many hours ? Are you original owner ?

myster
05-22-2011, 03:55 PM
yes and yes 340 hp

FLTH2O
05-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Did you have any warranty work done on the engine regarding calibrations for O2 sensor ?

myster
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
No, but the dealer winterized it the first year and the next time I used it the light was on. I worried for a while but the boat performs flawlessly. I did read somewhere that it shouldn't be fogged, and I do believe they fogged it during winterizing. It would be nice to get that light off tho......maybe we could get this figured out!!

Thanks

rdlangston13
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
my starting battery wont hold a charge so i suspect that is why it was on. i have heard that low battery voltage will trip a check engine light. i also have learned recently that if you try and start it in gear it will also trip a cel

Tro
05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Finally the engine light is gone, after a long story.
It came probably for two reasons, I am sure about the second (read the faults in the computer). The first was probably due to the alternator not running, I changed the belt and it was OK.
The second reason was due to low oil pressure (engine stays in self protection mode, Rpm below 2000). I checked the oil level few times, the reading was ''Ok'', we did all possible investigations on the oil sensor and electric circuit without result. Codes from engine were showing oil pressure default.
I did oil servicing and was able to pump only 1,7 liter out of the engine!!
I filled it with the appropriate quantity, then the engine run smoothly, the warning light is gone after 25 successful start and running as described into the documentation...

DOCDRS
05-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Finally the engine light is gone, after a long story.
It came probably for two reasons, I am sure about the second (read the faults in the computer). The first was probably due to the alternator not running, I changed the belt and it was OK.
The second reason was due to low oil pressure (engine stays in self protection mode, Rpm below 2000). I checked the oil level few times, the reading was ''Ok'', we did all possible investigations on the oil sensor and electric circuit without result. Codes from engine were showing oil pressure default.
I did oil servicing and was able to pump only 1,7 liter out of the engine!!
I filled it with the appropriate quantity, then the engine run smoothly, the warning light is gone after 25 successful start and running as described into the documentation...

i'm confused........ you only had 1.7 litres of oil in your motor but your dipstick read between the low and full mark????? have you been running this low since 2009????? glad and good to know your motor is still fine with only this much oil in it. I guess another ? is where did your oil go????

myster
05-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Ya know guys, it seems to me that there are a number of reasons for the check engine light to come on, in my case I have no idea why, the boat seems fine and it's been on for about 70 hrs. I kept waiting for it to go off, but ya know what I think........it's made to do that so that if a trip to the dealer is reasonable ( not 4 me....4hrs away ) then the boat goes in for service and money is spent on parts and labour. I like my boat but jeez, not the best value for money i says!!!!!:confused: lots of nagging issues right from the day I bought it.......loose stuff everywhere, carpet glue...lack of in numerous places....wake plate pump was no good... manifold gasket at 10 hrs....guages falling out...anyway, I have fixed it all myself, and the dealer has sent whatever I need so.....lets go boating........engine light remains on!!!!!:cool: