PDA

View Full Version : boat length

badasshybrid
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM
What are the lengths of your boats on the trailer? From the trailer tongue to the end of the platform. Need to know if it is a breakaway tongue how long it is and how long the swim platform is incase overall length is too long. Also what model and year boat you have.

Thanks

Razzman
01-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Well if I remember right my '07 LSV is right at 24' w/ tongue folded. But i can't say exactly, just going off memory. And i ain't about to go out in the blasted cold, foggy air to check it! :p

kaneboats
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
There's an LSV length discussion here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9973&highlight=garage

badasshybrid
01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Well if I remember right my '07 LSV is right at 24' w/ tongue folded. But i can't say exactly, just going off memory. And i ain't about to go out in the blasted cold, foggy air to check it! :p

I dont blame you one bit. When ever you get a chance would you check it for me? I am in no hurry right now.

There's an LSV length discussion here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9973&highlight=garage

Thanks for the thread. I was looking at building a 23' to 25' wide garage on the new house but I wanted enough room to move around in there. Right now I have an Outback and it would fit in there for time being, but if I buy a larger boat I want enough room to put it in there.

kaneboats
01-28-2011, 10:16 AM
That's thinkin ahead. I see an LSV in your future.

mmandley
01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I dont blame you one bit. When ever you get a chance would you check it for me? I am in no hurry right now.

Thanks for the thread. I was looking at building a 23' to 25' wide garage on the new house but I wanted enough room to move around in there. Right now I have an Outback and it would fit in there for time being, but if I buy a larger boat I want enough room to put it in there.

The LSV is 21.6 then swim deck is the same size or with in a few inches of your swim deck. As for the break away tongue its 2ft.

With the entire LSV boat in tow tip to back of swim deck your looking at 28ft apx. I cant give you the exact measurement as my swim deck isnt here.

My garage is 23 ft deep and she fits just fine with no swim deck and the tongue broke away.

We have been shopping for a new home for a while and it looks like we might just bite the bullet and go full custom and have it build. We looked at some models the other day and they had my garage i wanted attached to the wrong house.

It is a 2 wide 33ft deep man i was drooling and it had a 60ft RV pad concreted with 2 6ft swing gates so i could park the boat and truck there in the summer over night when we are going out multiple days. Plus its only about 15 minutes from the local lake and 15 minutes form the River. So realy easy access. We are meeting the builder and there contract person Saturday with our Realtor and hope to sign a deal to break ground.

jbheuerman
01-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Just my opinion, but if you are even thinking about buying a larger boat in the future, I would build it as large as your budget can handle. You will have plenty of room for your Outback right now...and maybe in a few years if you go larger...you'll still have enough room for an LSV or XLV. You'll be kicking yourself if you build small for your Outback and get sold into an XLV 5 yrs from now. Good Luck!

mmandley
01-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Exactly brother.

We are really going to try to get at least 26 ft but i hope we can go a full 33 deep because i would love to upgrade to a Supra 242 someday and also be able to have a little shop behind the boat lol.

brain_rinse
01-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Put in an a big garage door so you can back the boat in without dropping the tower.

cab13367
01-28-2011, 02:36 PM
For the 2006+ LSV, you will want a minimum of 23'-2" - that is with the swim platform off, tongue folded. Also, if a full height garage door is out of the question, make sure you get a min 9' tall door so the boat easily fits easily with the tower folded.

moombadaze
01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
one complaint I dont think I've ever heard is " my garage is to big"

I know we bought our current house because of the garage-fits the LSV, crew cab truck, civic, and way to much stuff.

badasshybrid
01-28-2011, 07:05 PM
That's thinkin ahead. I see an LSV in your future.

I have been looking but the wife said her dream house comes before the new boat LOL. I have been trying to talk her into moving to Flordia for the past 2 years now but she wants to live near her parents for now. O well something to dream about :D

badasshybrid
01-28-2011, 07:24 PM
The LSV is 21.6 then swim deck is the same size or with in a few inches of your swim deck. As for the break away tongue its 2ft.

With the entire LSV boat in tow tip to back of swim deck your looking at 28ft apx. I cant give you the exact measurement as my swim deck isnt here.

My garage is 23 ft deep and she fits just fine with no swim deck and the tongue broke away.

We have been shopping for a new home for a while and it looks like we might just bite the bullet and go full custom and have it build. We looked at some models the other day and they had my garage i wanted attached to the wrong house.

It is a 2 wide 33ft deep man i was drooling and it had a 60ft RV pad concreted with 2 6ft swing gates so i could park the boat and truck there in the summer over night when we are going out multiple days. Plus its only about 15 minutes from the local lake and 15 minutes form the River. So realy easy access. We are meeting the builder and there contract person Saturday with our Realtor and hope to sign a deal to break ground.

Hope it works out for you. We are buying 10 acres to build on right now. I saw a house plan last week that had an rv garage on but the house wasnt all that great.

Just my opinion, but if you are even thinking about buying a larger boat in the future, I would build it as large as your budget can handle. You will have plenty of room for your Outback right now...and maybe in a few years if you go larger...you'll still have enough room for an LSV or XLV. You'll be kicking yourself if you build small for your Outback and get sold into an XLV 5 yrs from now. Good Luck!

Thats the plan just wanting to know the boat sizes so I will be prepared.

Put in an a big garage door so you can back the boat in without dropping the tower.

I want at least a 3 car garage, 25' deep (looks like I might have to go to 28' or 30' deep) and have 9' to 10' tall doors on it. Right now I have a large detatched with 10' wide 9' tall doors and the boat just barely fits under it.

For the 2006+ LSV, you will want a minimum of 23'-2" - that is with the swim platform off, tongue folded. Also, if a full height garage door is out of the question, make sure you get a min 9' tall door so the boat easily fits easily with the tower folded.

Thanks for the measurement.

harmsway
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
You can never have to big of a garage. I would suggest a 12' x 12' door, so there will be no problems pulling the boat in or out and there will be plenty of room for upgrades in the future. I just finished building a 42'W x 58'L. Our first gararge had plenty of room for our other boats in the past but when we bought this LS there wasn't enough room. You have to think of the toys in the future, never can tell when you will come across a deal you can't pass up.

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=391

mmandley
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Well an update to our house hunting, it took a turn to left field and looks like we might sign the line today.

We were looking at the house with the 33ft garage and a 60ft rv pad next to it. The problem was we didn't exactly like the floor plan.

The builder had a customer custom order it and then walked out on the deal so the builder has been sitting on this house for a year. It has a lot of options as the builder puts it but realy the options i see are the 12ft garage extension and the 60ft RV pad, hard wood floors, and cleaning sink in the garage.

Since the house was sitting for a year we thought we would bid on it and see how it turned out.

Well the bidding went to a price of 187,500 as my last bid for his original 199,999 house. We were 12K off basically on a deal.

Last counter came from the builder and completely hit us from left field with our eyes closed.

Builder offered to let us pick the lot we wanted, pick the same or similar floor plan, he would add the RV pad and 26ft garage for the same 187,500. He said he just has to much money in the other home to go down on price anymore.

I was like hell yes man because now we picked a floor plan that starts at 195,00 plus we are getting 4Ft garage extension and a RV pad for 10K for free.

All in all we are saving almost 22K on what we originally wanted to have built.

So now the boat will still fit in the garage and or we can park it outside. Plus we get the floor plan we rather have and now we get to pick out everything from colors to fixtures in the home. We also get a nice front porch to sit on, fully fenced yard with RV gate, AC, vaulted ceiling, and were its not vaulted its 9ft high, it comes with 8ft 2 car wide garage door and 9ft garage ceilings and the garage is fully insulted, dry-walled, and painted any color i want.

I just don't know what to say except the gods were smiling and the saying we live by < me and claudia > if it was meant to be it will be.

Last thing that's super nice is we are only 20 minutes from the river or the local lake we love to be at instead of an hour. Ill post some pics as i get them. Over the next four months they will build it and i plan to get all the pics i can as the home is built.

moombadaze
02-05-2011, 06:45 PM
wow, Mike looks like it was ment to be, congrats

kaneboats
02-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Great news, Mike, Congrats!