PDA

View Full Version : craigslist ad

yearround
01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
while browsing craigslist and thinking about that other thread of towing from FL to somewhare far and the funny posts that some of you were sharing, i saw an ad to tow a ski boat from denver to seattle, it caught my eye, and it is a moomba and the owner knows it is a sweet boats, and he seems frugal in offering to pay half the gas to tow for him.

here is the link
http://denver.craigslist.org/rid/2182801768.html

DOCDRS
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
what a friggin idiot.....half gas he should pay all the gas....lets not forget wear n tear on the transmission.......jmo

Suprahunter
01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow an extra 50 bucks for your trouble. I guess its your problem to get back.

mmandley
01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Yea i think i seen that Moomba someplace else before. IDK my Scam radar is going wild on this deal. He gets you to drive all the way there to pick up a boat and there's nothing there in fact wasting all your time and fuel

I do like the way he spelled out his last 4 digits in the phone number. Thats straight pimp talk there.

moombadaze
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Mike, I think your scam radar is right on the money with this one. Could be legit but dont think so.

cmtaylor777
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
NICE! I love idiots that make us all feel smarter.

kaneboats
01-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Nah, this guy is just looking for someone who is already making that trip and already buying their own gas. If they take his boat he'll pick up half the gas tab plus $50. Not a very good deal for the driver so he's not going to get anybody to do it but I don't think it's a scam. People spell out their ph. nos. so web crawler programs don't pick them up.

KG's Supra24
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
People spell out their ph. nos. so web crawler programs don't pick them up.

That's what i was thinking. I listed a boat and truck not too long ago and realized pretty quick I should have done the same.

sandm
01-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm guessing he either moved and didn't have a tow rig or bought a new boat and can't figure out how to pick her up..
most scams on cl don't list a phone number, but rather have you reply to the email contact.

I'd bet it's legit, but at his current offer, probably won't get it picked up anytime soon. now full gas and some cash for the overnight stay?? someone wants to go from denver to seattle and will make the drive for, say $500.. probably 1/2 what a transport would charge.

mmandley
01-28-2011, 10:37 AM
For 500 bucks and full fuel costs id take him on the deal just because its a Moomba LOL.

cab13367
01-28-2011, 02:41 PM
For 500 bucks and full fuel costs id take him on the deal just because its a Moomba LOL.

Mike, you just need to find someone needing something hauled from here to the Denver area, then you get paid both ways :) Maybe put an ad in the Seattle or Portland CL.

But that dude in Denver needs to get realistic and pay for all the gas plus some/all expenses.

kaneboats
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Yea, he better be buying some cheeseburgers on top of the fuel or he's gettin' no response.

rdlangston13
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
he should just pay a mileage rate, like 75 cents a mile, that will easily cover someones fuel and then some.

yearround
01-29-2011, 08:10 PM
i think the guy is real, just unrealistic on getting a pull this far. i think he is looking for someone who is going anyway and could pull him.

i just thought it was interesting, given the prior discussion of towing from FL. if i was going, i would hope for more than the offer for the inconvenience of pulling. my mileage drops significantly and the travel time increases too.

moombadaze
01-29-2011, 10:24 PM
^^^ my milage drops bad, and the travel time decreases when I'm headed to the lake. I'm talking about out of state vacations, not my local lake as some know is only 5 minutes away

well if that doesnt make sense this will, pwi:)

kaneboats
01-30-2011, 02:22 AM
PWI? I'm so proud of you. Typing one handed is a beeeeech!