PDA

View Full Version : Brian adds another to the Exile family

saskyrider
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
well, i've been snooping and reading... and reading.... and reading a lot this winter!! I wasn't happy with the quality of sound of my current speaker set-up so after debating back and forth for a while with myself i pulled the trigger and ordered 2 sets of SXT65's and a harpoon amp to run them. I also have purchased 3 sets of the SX65C in cabin speakers from Futureshop (gotta love gift cards) to replace the stock Kenwood speakers. I have a Kenwood amp to run them. I'm happy with the JL audio 12" sub and amp set up so i'm leaving that alone. I also managed to sell the current tower speakers which were a roswell 4 can setup to my little brother for his boat, so i was able to recoup some of my cost as well. The only thing that sucks right now is my boat is buried in our quoncet at the farm with the high clearance sprayer and a couple of combines in front of it. And there is about 6 feet of snow in front of the door as well. At least i know that it can't be stolen lol!! I probably won't be able to get it out until the very end of april and that is right when work gets stupid busy for me :rolleyes:

I also have to:
Install my PP Stargazer
install underwater LED light
install all the LED's i bought for the cupholders and such

Stereo goes in first so i can at least listen to tunes while i'm working on stuff!!

GEoff

brain_rinse
01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Very nice, Geoff. Looking forward to some pictures of the install. I don't think you should add the new gear to your signature until you get it installed though. :) It's some additional motivation to get it all completed.

saskyrider
01-27-2011, 05:15 PM
trust me.... i don't need any extra motivation!! lol! I'm already scheming to get that yard pushed out so i can get to the boat sooner and get it into the shop in late march or early april, my goal is to be on the water with everything done to it for may long weekend... drysuit weather but i have some other crazies that are willing to go with me!

Geoff:p

KG's Supra24
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a fun project. I can say that since I'm on the tailend, ha.

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

saskyrider
01-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep Ed... i was thinking the same thing about the dual zone control.... i'll be picking one of them up right away here to.

Geoff

Brianinpdx
01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Geoff -

Welcome to the family. If you need any help with the install, drop me a line or email. Especially for the tuning setup. Ed's comments about the angles / on the water alignment are accurate. Although you should have a pretty wide field of sound right out of the box.

I think your going to be VERY surprised how much of an upgrade this new configuration will be over the past setup.

Send me some finished pics and I'll have my guy put them up in our gallery. Same goes for you Ed. We've got a new website launching here shortly.

Cheers!

-Brian

EarmarkMarine
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I think Ed's comments are related to the height. When the speakers are parallel to the ground when sitting on the trailer it looks appropriate. But when you're loaded down, pulling and the boat is seriously squatted the speakers can be directed down to the water rather than out to the rider. Depending on the amount of ballast and surfing versus boarding, it can be a little different with each boat.

David
Earmark Marine

moombadaze
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Ed, you know I've never been behind Martha, I'd like to give that outbackV wave a go and listen to some tunes

kaneboats
01-30-2011, 02:15 AM
the Kicker Dual zone control - a sound $70 investment

Did he really call that thing a "sound" investment????????????

moombadaze
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
will do. soon as it warms up a bunch

rdlangston13
01-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Brian may be adding yet another...I think I am about to pull the trigger after weeks of arguing with myself