PDA

View Full Version : Vid: Remedy Films - "A Single Day"

scoot_gt
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Some local Atlanta guys got together and put together a full feature wake film. They debuted it at the Atlanta Boat Show a few weekends back.

Give a look and help spread their name -

Remedy Films - A Single Day
http://vimeo.com/19039056

http://www.remedy-films.com/

lsvboombox
01-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Sweet video... Would definitely buy a video from them..

you da man
01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Damn, you're pretty serious about video films when you have two helicopters.

Lawdog
01-26-2011, 11:55 AM
You mean you dont even own one helicopter? You common folk make me laugh.

WaterBullDawg1980
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
This video is fantastic. Your not kidding about them taking it serious.

I wonder if it was filmed with a HD camera. I would love to watch this in Hi-Def.

dusty2221
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Wow, that was great in every sense. The riding, the film angles....all of it.

Very impresive!

scoot_gt
01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
This video is fantastic. Your not kidding about them taking it serious.

I wonder if it was filmed with a HD camera. I would love to watch this in Hi-Def.

Yes, it is complete HD - Vimeo is most likely playing it in HD on your PC unless you chose otherwise. I streamed it from my laptop to my big screen via HDMI out and it was incredible.

You mean you dont even own one helicopter? You common folk make me laugh.

Ha! I can assure you the heli's were borrowed/rented and stickered up just for the shoot. It pays to have friends in high places... and sponsers!

WaterBullDawg1980
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, it is complete HD - Vimeo is most likely playing it in HD on your PC unless you chose otherwise. I streamed it from my laptop to my big screen via HDMI out and it was incredible.

Gotcha...I watched it on my work laptop which is definitely not HD. :(

Very much looking forward to watching it on the big screen at home.

WaterBullDawg1980
01-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Watched it again with full screen and eventhough I do not think my laptop is HD, it sure seemed a lot better than when I just watched it.

Guys if you haven't watched this vid, definitely check it out.

Very neat recognizing the exact spot where this was filmed. The bridge is a dead give away.

I would love to know when this was filmed. To see this part of Lanier so dead is crazy.

scoot_gt
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Watched it again with full screen and eventhough I do not think my laptop is HD, it sure seemed a lot better than when I just watched it.

In Vimeo, there should be an HD 'button' in the lower right corner, to enable/disable HD - basically will load faster in non-HD mode.

I would love to know when this was filmed. To see this part of Lanier so dead is crazy.

Based on what I know, I'd say Fall of last year - obviously midweek. There is some other heli footage from their 1st time trying it, dated 5months ago on Vimeo.

atlwake.com is a local forum that the Remedy Film guys post alot of their work too. Its not too active of a forum but its only Atlanta area.

kaneboats
01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Very cool! I'll guarantee it was a weekday. Makes me want to go back to Lanier. It's been a while.

Jceclipse01
01-27-2011, 07:32 AM
wish i was there

Grant M
01-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Anyone notice the idiot Malibu driver basically run over the wake surfer at 39:46 in the bloopers section of the film :eek:

Over all though that is a great movie! Those riders are exceptional athletes!

mmandley
01-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup i saw that too i was laughing but im sure it was all planned.