PDA

View Full Version : Our "new" Supra!!!

dusty2221
01-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I posted this over on Supra, so forgive me if this is the second time you see this!

Well, several people already know, I was gonna hold off until I got the winter stereo project tied up, but it's a slow day. So here ya go.

Sold the 2006 Launch 20ssv, and bought this:

2006 24 SSV Gravity Games Edition
103 Hours

First 3 pics are from the seller when we inquired about it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/boat777.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/boat333.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/boat222.jpg

This was when we were picking it up at Atlanta Marine. He is putting the new wakeboard prop on before we left.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/2211.jpg

I left Dallas at 2:00 on a Friday afternoon, drove to Arkansas to pick KG up, and we pulled into ATL around 4am Saturday. Grabbed a few hours of sleep, and got to ATL Marine at around 9am. From that point on, it was one of the longest days of my life. This boat was being brought in by the seller who was using it as a trade in for a new Worlds Edition. When it showed up, it was nothing as described. Carpets were nearly completely brown from stains, interior as a whole was filthy, didn't have the prop I was told, the list goes on and on. Being that we arrived before the boat even did to the dealership, they didn't have time to address this stuff, and hadn't seen it before, so they were as shocked as we were. The owner of ATL finally stepped in and took great care of me. He slapped the brand new prop on it, had the seller pay for my matching spare tire/wheel since the pics had it that he provided, repaired the seat behind the driver that was cracked, and basically bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. Finally, around 4 or 5 that afternoon, KG and I were on our way. I dropped him off at his house at 1am Sunday, and hit the last 4 hour leg by myself, pulling in at home at 5:30 Sunday morning. Talk about a crazy trip.

The plan was to get up around noon and take my girls out that afternoon, but we were blessed with a wonderful Texas 30mph wind! And to top it off, the first week of Freezing temps to follow, so I had to winterize it that day rather than get to go out!

It has been torn apart since that day, doing the "winter stereo project" which will be unveiled here soon. I could talk about our trip for hours, there were def. some unforgettable moments.

saskyrider
01-24-2011, 05:35 PM
awesome looking boat!! That sucks that it wasn't as described but glad to hear the dealer stepped in an made things right!! to bad the dealer is so far away from you... sounds like a good place to go!

geoff

kaneboats
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Congrats Dusty on the red n' (almost) ready Supra! Props to KG for being the wingman on this one. I'll bet it was a great adventure. Sounds like there were a lot of up and down moments other than the hills. Nice!

dusty2221
01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Yeah, he knows how much I appreciate him rolling with me. It was a big help.

For future reference, when you are in a pickle, 1300 miles from home, and are about to drive the entire way back home boatless, NEVER underestimate what leaving the scene for a few to go sit down away from everything and have a cold beer. It changed the entire day. After that refreshing cold beer, everything feel right into place. It was difficult to not stop back in and have a few celebratory pitchers, but no way were we going to stay the night, ATL needed to be in the mirror asap!

viking
01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
WOW - it's a good thing the deal went through the dealer or you might have been on your way home empty?

Nice looking boat!

Grant M
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Nice, I really like those 24 SSV's.
Sounds like quite a trip - glad it worked out!!! ;)

Can't wait to see the stereo upgrade pictures!

kaneboats
01-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Lesson here might be to ask one of the guys on here who is local to go check out the boat and snap some current photos for you before you get on the road. I'm sure Wolfeman or somebody would have been happy to do that. Heck, I've heard of people on here or their spouses going to check out puppies for others.

dusty2221
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
This was through atlanta marine, I didn't get to deal with the seller. And the seller delivered the boat to the dealer the morning we got there. Otherwise, I would have had someone check it out.

deerfield
01-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Dusty - That's one of the best lookin' boats I have seen. Congratulations! - Deerfield

kaneboats
01-24-2011, 08:36 PM
This was through atlanta marine, I didn't get to deal with the seller. And the seller delivered the boat to the dealer the morning we got there. Otherwise, I would have had someone check it out.

I understand. I've been there too-- I've driven 11 hours to look at a boat with cash in my pocket -- alone. Not much you could have done this time. Glad it's such a nice looking boat that everything you do will be worth it. Enjoy!

dusty2221
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Forgot to add this one, even though its s GG edition, I just didn't care for all of the sponsor decals. All have been removed. I'm thinking of ordering the large GG emblem Supra used in 08 in place of the Supra logo that is still there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/dusty2221/2010-12-04141650.jpg

brain_rinse
01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Looks great, and looking better already! Congrats on the new boat and keep us updated as you customize.

wolfeman131
01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Dusty, glad it all worked out! You certainly could have asked me to check it out, even though it went thru Atlanta Marine. I'm pretty sure I know who the seller was. He was talking about the trade at the boat show, so I may have had a little "inside info."

I also would have bought you boys those beers!

jmvotto
01-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice road trip. glad it all worked out in the end. Now you will have a lifetime of stories with your bud.....

lose the upside down nike swoosh and just go with SUPRA and it will look classic......

BTW sweet ride....

KG's Supra24
01-24-2011, 10:49 PM
I said the same thing jm!! Ha

We def have some good memories from the trip. Funny thing is a bought my boat within an hour from where he bought his. Y'all have some good deals in atl!

you da man
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Growing up from a 20 to a 24 has got to be satisfying.

cab13367
01-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Great looking rig Dusty. Glad u went thru the dealer and that he made things right for you.

kaneboats
01-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Hope you had the garage all ready to go.

moombadaze
01-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Nice road trip with a good ending-what could be better. Love the look now minus all the other graphics-nice and clean, classic looking.

KG's Supra24
01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Other than the 13x17 prop on a gravity games, which shocked us both, there is one thing we came across I think should be mentioned.

This boat was STRAIGHT PIPED!!!!! It was loud and rattled damn near the whole boat. I know some might be into it but it just felt wrong on a wakeboat.

dusty2221
01-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah...unreal. The P/O had removed the muffler unit and ran the headers straight. It was unreal loud. You couldn't even hear yourself think while the boat was on plane.

And as far as getting lucky I went through the dealer, yes, very lucky. Had I drove to GA and seen the boat as is from the owner, I would have driven home boatless. Come to find out, those first few pics I posted were what he sent ATL Marine when he started working with them on a trade, however those pics must have been from when they first got it. It was a disaster when he pulled in with it, and being that KG and I had already been there an hour waiting for the guy to get there, we jumped on it the second he pulled into the lot. So in ATL defense, they had zero time to prep anything.

sandm
01-25-2011, 01:53 PM
maybe the previous hung out with the fountain crowd :)

moombadaze
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
why would anyone remove the muffler on a wakeboat?

sandm
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I replaced mine with two "fart cans"

do you really want the moomba to be likened with a honda civic?? :)

viking
01-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah...unreal. The P/O had removed the muffler unit and ran the headers straight. It was unreal loud. You couldn't even hear yourself think while the boat was on plane.

And as far as getting lucky I went through the dealer, yes, very lucky. Had I drove to GA and seen the boat as is from the owner, I would have driven home boatless. Come to find out, those first few pics I posted were what he sent ATL Marine when he started working with them on a trade, however those pics must have been from when they first got it. It was a disaster when he pulled in with it, and being that KG and I had already been there an hour waiting for the guy to get there, we jumped on it the second he pulled into the lot. So in ATL defense, they had zero time to prep anything.

Hopefully the dealership "adjusted" their deal with the previous owner to account for the damages (i'm sure they did). They were probably as stunned as you were if not more!!

moombadaze
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
would be interesting to hear the dealers perspective on all this

KG's Supra24
01-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I think I can sum it up pretty well ...

Salesman took the approach it is what it is. Are you going to buy it or not bc I need to get over there and get to working this guy on a 2011.

Owner took the approach, you drove all the way down here based on conversations with my dealership, you are going home with the boat you wanted.

For instance ... The carpet (mentioned above) was a serious concern. Salesman had someone get some cleaner and a rag. He cleaned a small circle in the floor to show us it came clean. After talking to the owner, his solution was to have someone powerwash the boat and dry it. Boom, clean.

Another ... Salesman, well i thought it had the other prop it shouldn't be that much of a difference. Owner, find a boat out there with wakeboard prop and pull it.

The salesman was def thrown off guard that the boat didn't come as he thought and he wasn't sure and probably didnt have the authority to handle everything. We went to lunch, obviously frustrated, had a few beers and built a punch list of items that had to get done or we weren't pulling the boat home. When we got back we were greeted by the owner and he offered to comp us a room in ATL and give them a chance to detail the boat or they could start hitting our punch list as fast as possible.

They handled everything, even changed out the straight pipes (that the salesman said would be too hard to do in a short time frame).

The deal ended with Dusty asking about the spare. Owner asked if we were told it had one and dusty showed him a picture ... "you gotta be sh**tin me at this point guys, ha. order them a spare and call the previous owner and tell him we are billing him for a spare wheel and tire"

Owner was huge in the deal going through and at the end of the day I think everyone was happy. He even let us leave with a bag or 2 full of free goodies. We both now rep atl guidepole covers too :D

Of course there was alot of other back and forth .. about 6 hours worth but that short version is already long!!

WaterBullDawg1980
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
This isn't the first time I have heard solid things about Atl Marine. Despite some bumps, it sounds like the end result was a pleasant one which is what it is all about.

They seem to really want to go that extra mile for their customers and in this industry I really think that type of attitude pays off.

Boat owners are a picky bunch as they should be, and it looks like Atl Marine really does a fantastic job of catering to them.

Glad you got everything worked out and kudos to Atl Marine.

dusty2221
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM
would be interesting to hear the dealers perspective on all this

Kg's reply pretty much exaclty summed it up. Make no confusion about it, ATL Marine is not being knocked. The owner was a great guy to deal with, and I think just as frustrated as we with with all the circumstances. He went above and beyond and made sure I was more than happy. Excellent guy to work with.

I can't say enough of how thankful I am he stepped up and made it right for me even though it wasnt his fault. I'm sure it all got worked out in that 2011 being ordered.

So just in case your reading, Thanks Curt.

Razzman
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey it's all behind you now and the boats lookin' good! Congrats!

dusty2221
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks Razz! I'm def pumped about it!!!!!

KG's Supra24
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm pumped about revealing some stereo upgrades ..... :rolleyes:

mmandley
01-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Congratz KG and good looking out for a bro Dusty.

I didnt have the same issues when i got my boat at AWS but they spent the entire day with me going over everything top to bottom on a rainy saturday afternoon.

I got there at 9AM sharp and kept the Assistant Manager Gerry O busy for a solid 5 hour going over everything in the boat. All the way down to changing fluids and winterizing lol.

Now that AWS has Malibu i have the option to buy Moomba Supra or Malibu on my next upgrade. Wont be for a while but when i buy again it will be with AWS. You just cant beat a good dealer.

rdlangston13
01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
mike, i think dusty is the one who bought the supra, not KG

mmandley
01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
mike, i think dusty is the one who bought the supra, not KG

Well dam LOL I read there posts back to back all the time and got confused. Im blonde yaknow LOL.

Well sorry guys.

Dusty Grats on the new boat and KG good looking out for a bro man LOL.

dusty2221
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Ha, thanks Mike.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
I was gonna let it slide