PDA

View Full Version : 06+ LSV owners...

STANG KILLA SS
01-23-2011, 10:45 AM
ive got a 03 LSV, and curious what yall think of the new hull when it changed in 06.
how easy is it to set up the wake? do you have any troubles with white wash? how slow can you go and still keep the wake clean(no white wash)?
what do you think about the wake, size, firmness, steep or rampy etc.

i know we're all biased here, but if you had one complaint about it what would it be?

and also what weight and speed do you ride at?

brain_rinse
01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Unloaded you can get down around 18 before the wake is too washed out. But the wake at that speed is so wide it's a bit of a non issue. The wake is actually hard to mess up. The factory G3 is a great setup. Even unweighted it's plenty of fun. Some 750s in the back and a bow sac up front is the real deal. Wake is firm, a little on the steep side when you run heavy, and a nice crisp lip at the top. Complaints? Honestly can't think of anything.
With the G3 setup, 22.5 mph, 70', and wakeplate right in the middle is a great place to start.

kaneboats
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
The redesign was to improve the wake. They did a great job.

bzubke1
01-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Here a vid of our wake. The setup is in the description of the video.
http://vimeo.com/17741689

jamie_abb
01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Nice riding...making it look easy.

Grant M
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
I've got an 06 LSV with the upgraded GIII ballast and the wake is great! My son is 6" and 235 lbs and he clears the wake no problem. I have pulled some pretty good riders and they also thought the wake had lots of pop with a nice lip at the top. This would have been with the ballast full and 7 people in the boat with the wakeplate up. bzubke1's video is great and even though he's running more ballast it looks just like my wake with the 7 people = 1400 lbs of movable ballast. Sometimes I have to move people around though so that one side of the wake doesn't get washed though.
We're not experts by any means but this boat does a great job for us! :D

STANG KILLA SS
01-24-2011, 07:21 PM
my worst fear is knowing that this hull is 5 years old(for moomba). ordering a '11 and then the '12 get a new hull :(
the sport has come SO far in 5 years. and thats alot of R&D time that could do some real good. then again im still in love with our 03 wake.

bzubke1
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I know if a new hull comes out for the LSV I'm going to want to get it really bad, but I'm sure the price will increase if that does happen. I really like the 06+ LSV, its really easy to set up and with the wakeplate you have so much verstility in getting the wake to your liking. The wake with the plate all the way up and all the way down are totally different. With the set up in my video the wake is nice and firm with good lip and transition.

kaneboats
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I dono. Not every "change" is an "improvement". I think I'll stick with this one for a long while.

bzubke1
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Since you're in texas let me know if you wanna go out sometime and see if you like the wake. That way you don't have a salesman with you and can add extra weight and what not. I don't know when you're thinking about buying but we are still riding when it's nice out (65+), or hit me up come spring.

STANG KILLA SS
01-25-2011, 07:24 PM
well fellas, i make the trip friday to make the trade. deal is done. ordering me a '11, having it built to my specs.
yikes. ive never even spent half that amount of money in my life. but im sure i will love it.

i still have a hunch '12 we will see a new hull.

bzubke1
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
What colors did you go with?

STANG KILLA SS
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM
britany blue with black accent.
sprung for the colored interior gel coat too.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/89/11lsvcolors.jpg

brain_rinse
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
NICE! Congrats, I know you'll love it.

brain_rinse
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Have you figured out all the specifics on what you'll order vs. do yourself aftermarket?

dru1974
01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't think you will see any drastic changes. I have a feeling that skiers choice will be having some sort of pickle fork front end due to the large popularity of them. A new boat added to the group.

STANG KILLA SS
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Have you figured out all the specifics on what you'll order vs. do yourself aftermarket?

yep sure have.

twin 750lbs in the rear. (swaped from my 03)
a enzo sack in the center wont be able to fully fill, probly 800-1000lbs (its 1450 full)
aftermarket billet tower mirror
custom hardframe shade (see my custom tower shade build from my 03)
sub & amp in the battery storage area(swaped from my 03)
if digital cruise pro isnt as good as my 03's perfect pass then i will upgrade that.

(last mod down the road)bullet lines black fiberglass tower pods with wet sounds 6.5s

bzubke1
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Are you trying to put an enzo sac in the ski locker, or in the seating area? Cause the stock ski locker sac doesn't even fill all the way. Also keep in mind these boats like a lot of weight in the front.

STANG KILLA SS
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
it will go in the ski locker with the arm sticking out of the open door. yes i know it wont fill all the way as i stated.
yes i know they like nose weight. im currently running 800 lbs in the walkway of my 03;)

brain_rinse
01-26-2011, 12:33 AM
it will go in the ski locker with the arm sticking out of the open door. yes i know it wont fill all the way as i stated.
yes i know they like nose weight. im currently running 800 lbs in the walkway of my 03;)
Are you serious or just messing with us? :confused:

STANG KILLA SS
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
dead serious. it beats a extra 440 sack laying on the floor any day. plus i dont have to get out of my seat to get the pump and sack etc. its all built in.
and im too lazy to plumb the fly high "integrated bow sack" :D
im a lazy sombitch :D

havent done anything yet, who knows before its all over i may decide to do it the right way. ;)

bzubke1
01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I took the 750's out of the lockers because I'm not that into surfing. If you fill the Gravity three full and then put one of the 750's across the bow seats and another in the main seating area the wake is crazy big. I don't use the 750 in the main seating area often because I don't have an upgraded prop and it takes a while to plane. I triend so many different ballast setups and this is my favorite wake and easiest to set up. I guarantee you'll love it. The pic shows how I place the 750 in the bow, I made a little stand to take some weight off the cushions. An integrated bow sac is definatley on my to do list. But for now using the non plumbed fat sac and a tsunami pump isn't too much of a hassle, I just start to fill it while I'm getting the rope and everything else ready.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/Wakeboarding043.jpg

brain_rinse
01-26-2011, 03:13 PM
havent done anything yet, who knows before its all over i may decide to do it the right way. ;)
Ok, I'm sensing there is a chance to influence so I'm going to jump on it.

Think of it this way... If the dealer told you he could dramatically improve the wake of your new $45k boat with a mere $500 dollars, wouldn't you do it? That bow sac will do infinitely more for the wake than some extra lbs in the ski locker. Not only that, but without that weight in the bow you won't be able to fill the 750s in back past 500 lbs without the wake getting steep and squishy. Plus do you really want some gargantuan fat sac hanging out the open door of your ski locker on your brand new boat?!

Get the bow sac!!!

I'm not buying the lazy excuse either given your willingness to custom fabricate a bimini.

kaneboats
01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not buying the lazy excuse either given your willingness to custom fabricate a bimini.

That's what I was thinking! Nobody's lazier than I am and I'm considering an IBS. (I already have irritable bowel syndrome so I'm talking about the bow sac.)

moombadaze
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Stang--great colors your picking. Why not see if you can get a 4th pump installed

brain_rinse
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
That's what I was thinking! Nobody's lazier than I am and I'm considering an IBS. (I already have irritable bowel syndrome so I'm talking about the bow sac.)
Ha! Well you know what I'm going to say... do it!

Did I mention that sometimes I use only the IBS and no other ballast? Like if it's a little chilly we'll have everyone sit in the cabin area, close off the bow, and just fill the bow sac.

STANG KILLA SS
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
you guys arent gonna let me take the easy way out are ya...
ive got a very unmotivated work ethic as ive gotten older...

well see, i think the bow sack was cheaper anyway.

STANG KILLA SS
01-26-2011, 05:26 PM
in my 03 we NEVER used the rear sack for wakeboarding at all. but it was a foot shorter than the new model.
we used the ski locker 400, then piled another 440 external sack on the floor right above the locker. wake was money. but again, it had almost 1700 square inches less hull area.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9595/moombawake1.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1769/moombawake2.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4229/moombawake3boot.jpg

you da man
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Whoa whoa whoa Cory. Too lazy? Look at your bimini bro...lazy my ass. Then again, I've seen you go to the lake to wakeboard but you never get wet...too busy towing Audrey, "one more time", "one more time", "one more time" x50

kaneboats
01-27-2011, 02:49 AM
All those pics show is that technique beats a great wake any day. Me, I need a great wake cuz I got no technique.

STANG KILLA SS
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
haha kane, your an alright guy ;)

STANG KILLA SS
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM
well today was the big day. i did it. traded my 03 and custom ordered a '11
it was so sad taking my 03 to our favorite gas station for the last time, towing the last time etc. it was 1.5 hour drive to the dealership, had lots of time to think, i was having major second thoughts. remembering all the good times had and how much i love the boat. and seeing all the people brake check to check out the boat, man i had her gleaming! it was hard to let her go. its crazy how attached ya get, but when you entire life centers around it i guess its bound to happen.
but in 6-8 weeks hopefully those sad feelings will go away:D

dusty2221
01-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Congrats, keep us updated!

kaneboats
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I guarantee you that you will look back and, while still fondly remembering the good times, wonder why you had any doubts at all. Then again I came from a 2000 Outback and I have 6 kids so it was very easy for me to not look back.

STANG KILLA SS
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
hey guys im wanting to swap the 750 rear sacks out of my 03 with the 400 sacks in the '11.
but the dealership said they have changed the connections.
my 03 has a connection very similiar to this
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w740.html

what do the new/newer LSVs have stock? link or pic?

huge thanks
Cory

kaneboats
01-31-2011, 09:44 AM
I think it's just the sizes that are different but it's the same type of connector. Aren't the newest ones running the 2 way pumps?

mmandley
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes the new bags run the 2 way pumps and just have to change the fittings. All you need to make sure is the new boat isnt running on a 1 inch system.

Other wise just order new bag fittings from WM and upgrade.

STANG KILLA SS
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
lol i need to know what the new fittings are so i can order... :D
thats what i was asking.

i guess i would need the '11 boat side fitting for the '03

and the sack side fittings for the old 750 sacks. so i can put them in the '11

the new boat was ordered with GIII no clue if its 3/4" or 1" though. whatever standard is.

kaneboats
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Call wakemakers they will know off the top of their heads exactly what you need.

Rusten
01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
It looks like it's the 1" on the 2009 and later. The fittings appear to be available here:

The 3/4" you'll also need:
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w736.html

The 1"
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-pro-x-series-fitting-w743.html

See the comment on 2002-2008 vs 2009+ here:
http://www.wakemakers.com/gravity-games-ballast-system.html

This is *not* first-hand knowledge. I'm simply in the market, so I did the research as well..

STANG KILLA SS
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
if what yall are saying is true and the new boats have a two way pump per bag, i wonder if the '11 bags will even work in the '03.

ie they main not even have seperate inlet and outlet fittings they may only have one fitting....

kaneboats
01-31-2011, 11:02 PM
You can always plug an extra unused port. I'm pretty sure they have at least two.

mmandley
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
if what yall are saying is true and the new boats have a two way pump per bag, i wonder if the '11 bags will even work in the '03.

ie they main not even have seperate inlet and outlet fittings they may only have one fitting....

All this means is it will fill and drain off the same port. This is no big deal as you just buy caps for the un used ports in the bag. If the new system is a 1inch then you need 1 inch plug for the bag. The boat will come with the correct quick release fittings. I would call WM and ask them as they know the boat changes since they work with AWS in Oregon very closely.