PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show

jmb
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Getting ready to leave for the Birmingham Boat Show. Looking forward to it but can't buy one. Guess I'll be sticking with the 05 Outback.

deerfield
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
jmb - Please report back after the Birmingham show. Good? Bad? Big? Little? SC dealers on site with products on display? I'm pretty interested right now in all things 'Bama. We may be learning how to end every conversation with "Roll Tide" and living in Space Camp town. Thanks. - Deerfield

jmb
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the boat show was a little small. Did not see any Skiers Choice people, just the skiers marine folks. Master craft did not have but 5 boats there and none had the new electric folding tower. There were 4 Moomba's. I noticed one section of the of the building that used to show boats in it was not even open telling me the number of dealers has reduced down. Baja and Fountain boats were not there this year. Let me know if you want to know anything more.

Jack

RickT
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Dang,

I was there Sat and Sunday. Sorry I missed you. It was a great show. 5 Moombas displayed and 3 Supras!

Grant M
01-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Any Pictures??? :)

JesseC
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I was there on Sunday. Talked with Rick Tinker from the factory for a good 20-30 minutes!! Wish I could have bought a new one, but have about 2-3 years to go. The show looked a little smaller than last year. I fealt that Moomba and Supra were represented well. They had all of the models I wanted to see. M-Craft had a small section this year without any of their super outrageous boats. Nautique had their usual huge floor space with what looked like every model in the lineup. They even discounted one from 106k to 101k!! I may have turned my buddy that went with me. He is a Bu owner and was super impressed with the build quality and price of the Moombas. He said next summer may be a Moomba. That will make 3 that I have converted.

JesseC
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Baja and Fountain boats were not there this year. Let me know if you want to know anything more.

Jack

After reading the above I realized that there were no "off shore" type boats. Usually there are a few fountain, formula and baja boats, but none this year. I like looking at all of the bling they put on those things. Pluse seeing a 28' boat with twin supercharged 502s always makes me smile!!!

rdlangston13
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Everyone posting about the boat show is making me mad for not being able to attend one! This weekend in the boat show in Oklahoma City but I am on call all weekend and cant afford to drive 2 hours out there.

kaneboats
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I always skip the one here which I have dubbed "The FISHIN' Boat Show".

dusty2221
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Everyone posting about the boat show is making me mad for not being able to attend one! This weekend in the boat show in Oklahoma City but I am on call all weekend and cant afford to drive 2 hours out there.

Dallas is coming up, hit that one up!

jmvotto
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Kane, Rochester NY in two weeks, bring your boards . Brad (04outback) and i will take you riding on frozen water;)

deerfield
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
jmb - Glad you got to the show and thanks for the report. Wish you could have connected with Rick T. - Deerfield

kaneboats
01-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Kane, Rochester NY in two weeks, bring your boards . Brad (04outback) and i will take you riding on frozen water;)

There is not enough money or Yeungling in the world to get me to go to NY at this time of year. (Apparently the Jets felt the same way about visiting Dallas.)

jmb
01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Deerlick -
I'm sorry I missed him too. I ended up talking with the Malibu guy fairly extensively but he couldn't sell me a boat. He was from corporate. They are trying to push Axis boats. That is their cheaper line. I believe I will stay with my Outback for now. I really like it anyway.

jmb
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry, I meant deerfield