PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Gathering

cmtaylor777
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Hello All,

Last year we had a gathering of Supra owners in the Texas, Oaklahoma and Arkansas areas on Memorial day. I thought I would reach out to my new found Moomba brothers and sisters and extend an invite.

Was a pretty big hit last year and the outcome was that we have a pretty tight group now. We have a wide range in age groups and some people bring their kids so nothing gets real crazy. We gather around the camp at night for some adult beverages so we still have a good time. Just a pretty chill group. The schedule tends to be...Wakeboard in the morning, party cove during the middle of the day along with surfing, wakeboarding in the evening, dinner around the camp then surfing around midnight. Always a blast but the campsites fill up quick so if you are interested I would act quickly. We all stay at Platter Flatts camp site on Lake Texoma which has a cove that is protected from the open parts of the lake for great storage of the boats.

Come one come all. will be a great time.

Pics from last year....
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/Laborday2010.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/Surf.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/30015_1460269437501_1556382128_1-1.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/lineup.jpg

cmtaylor777
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Couple more.

http://supraboats.com/bbs/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1128
http://supraboats.com/bbs/picture.php?albumid=129&pictureid=1127

KG's Supra24
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
It might be worth mentioning that this is at Lake Texoma in Texas :p

moombadaze
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a great time was had. Would love to and also bring some of the other Florida and Georgia owners but its just a little to far away.

cmtaylor777
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Disregard the negativity that KG has. We are not all blessed with perfect water produced by lakes located in mountains.

DAMN PIG!

GO HORNS!!!

KG's Supra24
01-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa ... I wasn't insulting Lake Texoma (it's no Ouachita, though). I was simply saying for those that don't know where "Platter Flatts" is, they have a reference of where the memorial trip will be.

Unless I missed it, you never mentioned the lake or even the state. Don't get your horns all in a wad. Ha!

cmtaylor777
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Now thats funny. My guns were ready. I have seen all this bickering over here and figured I should have my prison guard up. Beat someone up on the first day.:oops:

moombadaze
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
love the pink balls hangin from the black boat :p

dusty2221
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Hippity Hops for Life! We have 2 pinks and 2 blue ones. Just so happened that day was a pink day!

moombadaze
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
^^^Hippy Hops rule---I've got 4 myself

cmtaylor777
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Looking for some myself but can't find any that doesn't have stuff like my little pony on them. Thats ok for Dusty but not fo me. :razz:

kaneboats
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
15 1/2 hrs. 906 miles with school on Tues. morning. Just not going to happen this year. In a couple years when the kids are gone I'll use my FF miles to fly in to some of these events and just hitch rides with my fellow owners from Texas. Don't worry, I know the "code": bring lots of ice cold beer, right?

11 Outback V
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
So then how about a Florida/Georgia get together??

Not trying to hi jack your thread just getting other options

wolfeman131
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM

Not trying to hi jack your thread just getting other options

Got ya covered! This year will be year 3 for the Lake Sinclair Jam. planning to have it July 9th. It's worked out great having it the week after July 4th as the lake is almost empty. Search "Sinclair Jam" and you'll see some pics of the fun.

KG's Supra24
01-20-2011, 01:04 AM
are you guys super particular about the make and model or is this event a meeting of "like minded folks"

Not particular at all. I wasn't there in prior years but I think that was a Malibu I spotted in one of the pics (yellow/black on the end).

I had heard people talk up Texoma too ..... :rolleyes: (j/k chad)

kaneboats
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Got ya covered! This year will be year 3 for the Lake Sinclair Jam. planning to have it July 9th. It's worked out great having it the week after July 4th as the lake is almost empty. Search "Sinclair Jam" and you'll see some pics of the fun.

Wahoooooooo!!! The Sinclair Jam is a great time and this year I think we should invite folks from AL and SC as well. Save the date! Work the 4th instead of blowing your hand off. Then enjoy the mostly empty lake.

moombadaze
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM

Got ya covered! This year will be year 3 for the Lake Sinclair Jam. planning to have it July 9th..

Mark your calender now

My plan at this point is to make a week of it. Its been the highlight of the last 2 summers vacation for my family.

Warm water or cool water-its got them both
Flat water the skiers
Bumpy water for kids tubing.
Great people.
Might even have a family make a trip down from way up north.

Worth the trip from anywhere in the SE if you ask me.

Jet
01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey..these arent supra people..what are you doing??

cmtaylor777
01-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey..these arent supra people..what are you doing??

Just reaching out to the brotherhood.

jmb
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
It sounds like a lot of fun. Would like to get over there myself. Will keep reading and see how this pans out if its ok to bring a Moomba

STANG KILLA SS
01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
well ive been invited to this by two different people on different sites. i guess i need to try to make it.

best part is this friday i leave to trade in my 03 LSV on a built to my order '11 LSV :shock:
i cant wait to get assembly line pics

i second the motion to make this NOT on amatuer weekend (memorial day)
lakes are a nightmare and unrideable. and can get unsafe as well.

rdlangston13
02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
if i am off for memorial day i will see what i can do about making it up there! i just have no idea how my schedule is going to be as of right now.

dusty2221
05-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Just to bring this up to the top, any of you Texas moomba guys planning on coming up for the day or weekend aside from Stang?

bzubke1
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll be at mill creek from friday til sunday. Might try and cruise over where yall are at.

Jet
05-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Come on Stang..I cant believe your buying your 3rd boat in what 2-yrs?? That Moomba didnt last long?? I forgot what your first boat was?? Jet

WaterBullDawg1980
05-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey Jet,

When you going to post up your rebuild pics over here? I was following you and the other fella on the Supra Board during his rebuild. Last I saw he had his floor down and it looked like he was breezing along.

How is yours coming??

Jet
05-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Sure I can post some up monday or so. Progress is SLOW, as soon as it warmed up my business blew up, the kids sports schedule blew up and so did my friends calling me to go do stuff,lol. Im back on it though, I bought Dustys Roswell/Kryp hlcd's, new steering wheel, amps, sub and shiny new speaker rings and Im halfway done with my DIY Z5 bimini, and dual battery box and I have someone working on a DIY wedge too! The left side floor is torn out and ready to go back in and then the right side should go much faster. Thanks for asking and I will post up some pics later. heading to Texoma for the weekend. See ya, Jet

WaterBullDawg1980
05-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Sure I can post some up monday or so. Progress is SLOW, as soon as it warmed up my business blew up, the kids sports schedule blew up and so did my friends calling me to go do stuff,lol. Im back on it though, I bought Dustys Roswell/Kryp hlcd's, new steering wheel, amps, sub and shiny new speaker rings and Im halfway done with my DIY Z5 bimini, and dual battery box and I have someone working on a DIY wedge too! The left side floor is torn out and ready to go back in and then the right side should go much faster. Thanks for asking and I will post up some pics later. heading to Texoma for the weekend. See ya, Jet

Hey at least business is going well for ya! Could be the other way around.

Yeah, I started reading that thread of the work you and the other guy are doing and its awesome. It's crazy to think, these boats are going to be BETTER than they were when they were made all those years ago. Tough but fulfilling I bet.

You'll love those Krypts. I have heard them on other boats and they sound awesome.

Keep us updated and don't be a stranger. I guess Dusty let you know the Moomba board is where its at huh? :D