PDA

View Full Version : Your #1 Moomba Related Goal in 2011

kaneboats
01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, this is a blatant attempt to pass the time till it gets warmer and sunnier. Still, to get to know the folks on here better I'm giving you a chance to get introspective (I know, "wow, that's deep, man!") Last year my goal was to get into an LSV. This year the goal is to spend a whole lot more time on the water in that LSV and have all 6 kids wakeboarding. So how about you? What is your Moomba (or Supra for you other SC loyalists) related goal for 2011? We are all here to help you achieve it.

wolfeman131
01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
LESS freaking tube time!

More surfing & boarding for all. Especially ME!

saskyrider
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
spend as much time on the boat as possible.... we got it near the end of our season last year and only got 11 hours on it. I also want to get both kids surfing this year as well, and maybe convince the wife to learn how to drive it to!

geoff

Razzman
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Just use it! Doesn't matter what your doing as long as your on the water :p

thesack
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
My goal is to keep her on the water all year without incident. Sucked missing 4 months and probably 120-160 hours on the water. But other then that just to have fun and clear the wake.

sandm
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
have many, some will probably fall by the wayside..

-clear the wake on a wakeboard
-become as comfortable surfing goofy as regular(started on this last year)
-teach the gf how to back the trailer down the ramp(this will happen :) )
-teach 4 new people to wakesurf. have averaged that every year since owning the boat. I love the look on a new surfer's face when they ride it for longer than 100ft the first time..

overall, razz has some great advice..

Grant M
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
I just got the boat late in July last year so the main goal is to improve on the 50 hrs I did manage to put on her.
The other more personal one is to get rid of the damn rope while surfing.

One more thing - Enjoy my stereo upgrade! :D

bzubke1
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Put 235 hours on last year. Hoping to put at least 100-150 on this year but it might be a little tougher since my brother graduated college this fall and we both might not have similar schedules.

moombadaze
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Put about 75hrs on the boat
Get the wife more involved with surfing
Try and motivate my daughter to surf more
Enjoy the little things that being on the water bring

moombadaze
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
consuming a beer as I read this :D

I could spend every hour on my day off out surfing-she gets tired of it for some strange reason :rolleyes:

brain_rinse
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I want the 180s to be consistent and to stick a few 360s. And no more ER trips!

murraymoomba
01-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I would like to get my offside air rolls dialed in and also my offside wake rolls on my sky ski this year.
I would also like to teach as many new people as I can to ride it also!!

kaneboats
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
-teach the gf how to back the trailer down the ramp(this will happen :) )

I hope you started already. It's already Jan. 19. Better get moving on this one.

KG's Supra24
01-20-2011, 01:10 AM
2011 Summer Goals:

1. Get the wife to drive the boat more often
2. Get the wife more time on the surf board
3. Learn to better ride switch
4. Spend more evenings on the water (9:00 pm and on)
5. Get the surf bowl perfected

More great times with family and friends on the water. Big plans!!!

kaneboats
01-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Get her a surfing boy friend

You can tell the guy's got no kids by the advice he hands out. Get her a RICH boyfriend and teach him how to surf.

KSmith
01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
1. More time on out on the boat
2. Misc. boat projects.
3. Be able to drop the rope when surfing...

wolfeman131
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Yo Capt'n Kraig!

I'll help you w/ #3. You just need to head SE for a weekend on Sinclair when it warms up. I am by no means a skilled surfer, but I have gotten great instruction from Kaneboats, Moombadaze, Saltyoysters and Ed G that I will be glad to pass along to you.

KSmith
01-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Yo Capt'n Kraig!

I'll help you w/ #3. You just need to head SE for a weekend on Sinclair when it warms up. I am by no means a skilled surfer, but I have gotten great instruction from Kaneboats, Moombadaze, Saltyoysters and Ed G that I will be glad to pass along to you.

That would be great! A somewhat related goal is to lose about a buck... I am expecting that losing weight will help my back, I don't know how it couldn't. Between being married, having a desk job, bad eating habits, and stopping smoking last year I have gained a ton of weight over the last 10 years... Every time I try and lose weight someone dies, first my sister, then my dad... been somewhat afriaid to try again but the wife and I made weight loss resolutions, a slow start out of the gate but I think we are headed the right way now.

Anyway, is there going to be the big blowout at Sinclair this year? I'll have to see if the wife and I can work out a long weekend or some vacation. She just started a new job so we want to be sensitive to the career as well as quality of life.

Many thanks for the offer!!

wolfeman131
01-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Sinclair Jam is scheduled for Saturday, July 9th.

But, you need to work out a day or two to get down here before then so you can show off your new skills at the Jam.

One word of caution: I ain't gonna help with that weight loss thing. We have too much fun living life fat, dumb & happy. Yeungs, wings, burgers, brats and chips dominate the menu 'round here.

KSmith
01-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks Wolfeman! We'll see if we can work it out that sounds like a great time from what I have ready about the Sinclair jams of the past.

Mmmm wings

:D

KSmith
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Wow Thanks Ed!

That looks like a great routine.

Yeah, I'm a wimp, it is a catch 22, I have back problems (which my crash on the ice last month didn't help) so I am in exteme pain when standing or walking for any extended time.

I am sure my back would be less trouble if I lost weight but to lose weight I need more exercise but to exercise too much cripples me for days.

The wife and I both have been bad the last year, I was sick most of the year, so we didn't get out much. Prior to that we had been fairly active, water sports, hiking, biking, etc.

I am going to print that out and use it later on.

Thanks Ed! Ya skinny Little #*@&*^@

Just kidding :D

KSmith
01-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh Ed, BTW as a OBV owner, does this wake look ok?

KSmith
01-23-2011, 09:53 AM
All very good advice and much appreciated!

Too much weight? Here is a different pic without me in the way, does it still seem like too much? I am running the 750 in starboard locker and the 400 in the ski locker, my step son (200) and his GF (150) are in boat on the starboard side, wife driving.

Hutch5
01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
our 2011 goals

about 90 hours
cleanup a few interior issues, good exterior hull cleanup
me: W2W 180/360 would be nice
daughter Emily: heelside backflip
daughter Lindsay: W2W
daughter Anna: just more cruising
wife Cindy: "nothing specific, more time with the family at the lake"

Hutch

DOCDRS
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
All very good advice and much appreciated!

Too much weight? Here is a different pic without me in the way, does it still seem like too much? I am running the 750 in starboard locker and the 400 in the ski locker, my step son (200) and his GF (150) are in boat on the starboard side, wife driving.

Man thats an incredible wave on the port side with all that weight on the starboard side.........or did you flip the pic?

KSmith
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Crap... im my last post flip port & starboard... dagnabit

Let's put it this way, the weight in on the passenger side (except for the driver)

KSmith
01-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Sorry - what I meant was YOU have to much weight leaning to the side.

If you aren't just getting pulled out of the water, then your stance on the board needs corrected.

You got me confused - your showing me a port (left) side wave (which looks great), but your telling me all your ballast is on the starboard side??

Ah, yeah I was just messing around and had just previously ridden up high on the wave and way out away from the wave.

I do have too much weight on the back side of the board, I need to move my feet towards the way I am facing and also a bit more forward, but when I try and move my feet while I am up the board gets out of control,

Any tips on how to reposition ones feet once out of the water?

schuylski
01-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Goals-
More time in the boat. Got it the last weekend in August this past summer and it was just a tease. Enjoyed 50 hours in it, but hope to be able to spend much more this summer. Also, want a picture of my brothers and I footin' together behind the boat.