PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner

Ken Labonski
01-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey all...

I am the new owner of a mobius LS. We are slalom skiers and are considering adding a wake plate to nose the bow down a little. Does anyone know the exact model used by skiers choice?

PS-Any must know pearls of wisdom are way welcome.

Can't wait for some better weather in Houston.

Ken

DOCDRS
01-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the forum ,what year is your boat? check the how to forum for a lot of diy if your so inclined

maxpower220
01-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I have an 08 Outback. The wake plate is a Bennett Trim tab. I don't have the model #.

Before adding a plate, you should ski it to see how you like it. After that, I would consider adding a small amount of weight to the bow. If you are going to mod, then I would consider adding a "hook" to the back of the hull. This is the way that MasterCraft changed the 197.

dru1974
01-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a 2010 mob ls and will go have a look... What year is yours? There may be some differences.

Ken Labonski
01-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Ours is an 03 mobius LS. It's a little chilly to ski yet. The wake looks soft enough but I would be curious to know what a plate all the way down does. We also boat on lake Conroe which can be pretty rough in non ski areas. Does the plate help keep the nose down in those conditions too? We had one on our old jet boat and it made a huge difference from a ride standpoint. The wasn't much wake to flatten but I'd imagine it would make a difference on a 20' DD.

K

dru1974
01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Not sure what good it would do. My boat is completely different. It's 21'6" and a different body I. Would suggest that your boat is much more similar to a outback. I used to have a supra ts6mwhich would be a more similar to your mobius. I don't think you would need a wakePlate though.

rdlangston13
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Another Houstonian! Welcome!