PDA

View Full Version : What is color of dash lights?

Matt Glenn
01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm looking into putting in LED's in 06 outback. Does anyone know color of lights that light up dash? boat is up north barn. I thought they were a green?

Thanks

KG's Supra24
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Mine are red but you could be taking a shot in the dark here.

I would make sure you find someone with the same year and model. Even still, I doubt that is a guarantee.

Hillbilly
01-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I have an 07 LSV and they are green. I put red led speaker rings in and I need to order some red bulbs.

Or I can go ghetto and just use a red marker to "paint" the bulbs...LOL

My bulbs have a green cover over the bulb.

Acme tops and tunes might be able to tell you where to get led dash bulbs ?

ask for Ben

bzubke1
01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Check out this thread. You can get some led's to make the gauges any color you want for like ten fifteen bucks tops. I changed mine to red. I got em from superbrightleds.com

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7369&highlight=dash+lights

NCSUmoomba
01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
My 2001 Outback dash light are green. I want to change them to red, as the red of my LED's are red, and my boat is red.

Hoopskier
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
My '03 Outback lights were green. Or more technically regular clear bulbs with green rubber covers on them.

If your replacing all of them with LED, just order whatever color you want, unless you're looking for that OEM look. If you're looking for OEM look, I would just save my money and stay with conventional bulbs.

bergermaister
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Mine were green - just typical 194 bulbs but with a little green rubber boot over them. Two bulbs on the bigger gauges, one bulb on the small gauges. I've see colored bulbs at auto parts stores, 2 for about $4. I switched over to all blue leds in the gauges to match the interior lights I did in the boat. However my tach light seems pretty dim. I've heard that is common.

Like everyone says - you can switch them out to whatever you want. One thing to keep in mind - my depth gauge LCD display used to be red and looked stupid at night with the blue everywhere else. My new depth gauge light is just white which isn't too bad - matches with the backlighting on my Clarion remotes. 8)