PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Moomba LSV

snyderaaron
01-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey, I'm looking to buy a 2009 or newer LSV, preferably black and a reasonable price of course. Also looking one with board racks, speakers, gravity 3 ballast, and a wakeplate. Any suggestions.

kaneboats
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I think I saw a LF edition one on ebay the other day.

wolfeman131
01-12-2011, 07:00 PM
stay diligent with searching craigslist, ebay and only inboards

http://www.onlyinboards.com/

snyderaaron
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I've saw that one on ebay and its from a liquidator so I'm a bit skeptical. I've have been checking out ebay, only inboards, and boattraders, so any other places would be appreciated.

psycho-heico
01-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Go to craiglook.com then in the search engine type what you are looking for...It will list all of the craiglist sales in all states....

bzubke1
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Check the websites of moomba dealers. You might be able to find a leftover 09 they have on the lot. It might not have every option you want but they should be willing to deal on an 09 with the boat shows starting. We got our 08 in the summer of 09 this way. We had to travel to michigan to get it but we got it for a great price.

schuylski
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Craiglook was shut down, but I've found www.searchtempest.com to work well. You can set your distance from a certain zipcode, up to "any" and it will search all the different Craigslists.

viking
01-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Craiglook was shut down

REALLY......why is that?

wolfeman131
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Craiglook was shut down, but I've found www.searchtempest.com to work well. You can set your distance from a certain zipcode, up to "any" and it will search all the different Craigslists.

yep, the lawyers at craigslist got it shut down, don't know what rationale was.

this site says it's "the new craiglook"

http://claz.org/

Indyxc
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm looking at a Mobius LSV, but what is going on with sales this time of year?

There aren't many listed, and the ones listed are PRICEY. I am seeing mid to upper 30s for 06-07 LSVs, when you can buy a BRAND new one for 43k, that is plain crazy.

In the fall I was seing 06 LSVs for around 27k, with lower hours. What's going on?

brain_rinse
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm looking at a Mobius LSV, but what is going on with sales this time of year?

There aren't many listed, and the ones listed are PRICEY. I am seeing mid to upper 30s for 06-07 LSVs, when you can buy a BRAND new one for 43k, that is plain crazy.

In the fall I was seing 06 LSVs for around 27k, with lower hours. What's going on?
Those 06s < 30k don't sit for long. There are tons of used buyers looking for "the best vdrive <30k" and a 06 LSV ranks way up there on that list. Even the low 30's LSVs get snatched up pretty quickly. My guess is that this time of year you aren't seeing deals because the people that HAD to sell already sold. Everyone else is holding on to them until spring.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but boats don't depreciate like cars, so even 5k off new prices is a 12% drop. Then you factor in all the options (a Z5 at 2 grand for example) and it starts to make a little more sense. But I'm guessing you'll start seeing some deals in another month or 2. Good luck with the search!

you da man
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Check the websites of moomba dealers. You might be able to find a leftover 09 they have on the lot. It might not have every option you want but they should be willing to deal on an 09 with the boat shows starting. We got our 08 in the summer of 09 this way. We had to travel to michigan to get it but we got it for a great price.

My dealer has new leftover 08 XLV. They also have 3 leftover 09 XLV and 3 09 LSV. South Austin Marine

Indyxc
01-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Those 06s < 30k don't sit for long. There are tons of used buyers looking for "the best vdrive <30k" and a 06 LSV ranks way up there on that list. Even the low 30's LSVs get snatched up pretty quickly. My guess is that this time of year you aren't seeing deals because the people that HAD to sell already sold. Everyone else is holding on to them until spring.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but boats don't depreciate like cars, so even 5k off new prices is a 12% drop. Then you factor in all the options (a Z5 at 2 grand for example) and it starts to make a little more sense. But I'm guessing you'll start seeing some deals in another month or 2. Good luck with the search!

Yeah, I am seeing this, you are right. Fall had a couple great deals, but I was not ready to buy when all the desperate ppl were selling. Right now I had to downgrade my buying budget (due to bills) but am not seeing a not of great boats. I am looking at a 05 LSV, but am waiting for the seller to sort out the titles in his name.

But some sellers are just crazy. 37K, for a 07 LSV, with normal features, when I got quoted 43K +tax for a 2011, for gravity III, wakeplate, speed control, board racks, and new tower.

I am also looking at Mastercraft X Star (205v hulls), and Older Malibu Vrides, but am not finding great deals there either. :/

Hopefully after the boat shows, people will be dumping their boats.

mmandley
01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
43K for an 11 is the best ive seen man. Out here in the NW the Dealer wont let you even think of hauling a new 11 for less then upper 40s. At the boat show they are listed at 50K with same type of options. Think i saw one with the regular tower for 46K but most of the 11s have the new Illusion tower and they arnt budging on pricing for those yet.

sandm
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
2 of our dealers are pretty much just selling used boats now. with the insane prices of new boats, used in the 25-40k price range have done very well here, are commanding top price and are not staying on lots very long.
one of our local car dealers that also got into rv's big time when he retired from the car lot started gathering used boats about a month ago..
I am drooling hard over the first one, but the second '03; he's on drugs :)
http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/2146601057.html (the orange tige)
http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/2154881651.html

wolfeman131
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
But some sellers are just crazy. 37K, for a 07 LSV, with normal features.

That is probably their payoff. Not sure if you were on the boards a few months back, but we had a long discussion on how many people buy their boat with a minimum down payment and 15 year financing to get a low monthly payment. They get upside-down in a hurry and in a lousy economy have to get out from under the monthly pressure, but have to have the payoff to be free & clear.

I agree with mmandley on the '11 pricing. I think you've got a heck of a deal at $43 with those options. If you can swing it, go that route, but be careful you don't end up being one of those "crazy" people 2 yrs from now.

Indyxc
01-13-2011, 01:58 PM
The dealer that quoted me the price is Club Royale, in Waterford, Michigan.

Here is what I was quoted:

With Cover and Performance Pro Package (wakeplate, 3-bag ballast, stereo,
digital cruise)
Retail: $47,250 = $51,440 out the door
Our price: $43,650 + Tax, Registration, Plate (out the door: $46,670)

Seems like a good price, and even though I could afford it over 10 years, no thanks. I won't be one of those people. I am looking to spend 25k to 30k max with 20% down, and never be upside down, so if something happens, I can always sell it quickly.

NCSUmoomba
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Don't forget Boattrader.com, I look on there quite often, and there are a ton of leftover boats form the past couple of years for sale, but you may have to drive a bit. You can search it by distance from a zip code, which is kind of nice.

kaneboats
01-14-2011, 03:24 PM
And boats.com. You have to keep your finger on the pulse and be ready so when the deal comes up you don't miss it. Talk to the bank, if necessary, gas up the truck, etc. Be ready to spring (in more ways than one).

jmvotto
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM

digital cruise)

Seems like a good price, and even though I could afford it over 10 years, no thanks. I won't be one of those people. I am looking to spend 25k to 30k max with 20% down, and never be upside down, so if something happens, I can always sell it quickly.

Is that for an LSV or an OBV. If its an Lsv I'd be all over that like a "fat kid on a cup cake" oops i resemble that remark LOL

rdlangston13
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I picked up my 08 LSV in october for 30k even, had 110 hrs, gravity 3, wake plate, moomba cruise (which sucks), tandem axle trailer, Z5 cargo rack, and some other minor stuff. no cleats tho

bzubke1
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
We got our 08 leftover in July of 09 for 33k, 35k after we added the z5. It had zero hours, gravity 3, hydraulic wakeplate, standard stereo, and moomba cruise which sucks but its a lot better than not having any kind of speed control.

rdlangston13
01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
i really like the deal you got! and it is red! TTU! mine is blue but i guess it matches my work lol

snyderaaron
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM

digital cruise)

I checked with that dealer and they told me that the LSV they had is not available anymore, so there goes that good deal.

bzubke1
01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
i really like the deal you got! and it is red! TTU! mine is blue but i guess it matches my work lol

I could do something like this except with a wisconsin badger logo. Wisconsin and TCU are the only college teams I root for so I was getting pulled two ways during the rose bowl.
This is the local Tige dealerships boat. They sponsor some party thing before the home tcu games. Thought it was pretty sweet.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/tcutige.jpg

kaneboats
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Awww. They went and ruined a perfectly good boat.

mmandley
01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Nothing 15 minutes and a heat gun wont fix brotha