PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Goal -- Day One on the Water in 2011 ? ? ? ?

kaneboats
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Unlike a few of our posters on here I haven't been on the water yet in 2011 even though it's already the 11th day of the year. So, let us know what your realistic goal date is to hit the water this year. Make sure if you don't have your location in your profile (although this would be a good time to add it) that you mention where you will ride.

As for me, I'd like to have everything ready to go on March 1 (March 5 would be the Saturday that week). If it's still too cool to get wet we'll take a cruise down to Wingate's for some famouns BBQ and the best cole slaw in the world. I know by then I'll be itching just to get on the water.

How about you?

zabooda
01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I make it out about mid-June to around the first of July. I'm a fair weather boater with many other outdoor motorsports that I do.

New Guy
01-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Last year it was April 1st but that was really pretty early in WI. I am hoping to be out by the middle of April (15th)

KG's Supra24
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
April 15th ends tax season. I'll be there April 16th no doubt.

I believe I made it out earlier last year, though. Will have to wait and see what the weather does. Somewhere in the late March, early April though.

jester
01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
My Goal is January 21st. Last year it was February 22nd ish. I already have one person ready to go out with me and just have to find that third. looking of air temp of 40 with a water temp of "Ooo My GOD am i that crazy. why ooo why am i doing this" aka about 39 to 42*.

Grant M
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Around here the ice is off the lakes in May, sooo hopefully early to mid June in the water... Although Wabamum Lake had a couple of power plants on it and the hot water discharge kept a portion of the lake ice free but I think they closed them down.

mmandley
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I expect our boat in the water around May 1st but I hopeto get an invite from other people before then. Most of my normal crew isn't available till May

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Was out on the 3rd or 4th with the wetsuit. The temps have been real cold since then so I might be taking the rest of jan. and feb. off and pick back up in march.

sandm
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
2 lakes here. the warmer of the 2 doesn't open until april 15th, so hoping for the next weekend after that(stupid environmentalists). the other is a reservoir that is partially frozen right now, will be full around the first of may, but colder than heck until the middle of june.

you da man
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
The first day with air temps in the 70's and I'll be out. I wish I could find a warm water powerplant lake that will let me on it. Those things are like hot tubs in the winter

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
The first day with air temps in the 70's and I'll be out. I wish I could find a warm water powerplant lake that will let me on it. Those things are like hot tubs in the winter

There's a power plant lake like 15 miles from me. It was closed after 9/11. They recently reopened it but as far as I know it's only open to fishing boats. What a bunch of bull.

saskyrider
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
May long weekend up here... that will be with a drysuit on! Normally my boat doesn't hit the water until the middle of june but that was back when i just had a bayliner.... now i'm thinking surfing with a drysuit on may long is about right! Boat usually doesn't get out of the shed until end of may but this year it will be out beginning of may or late april so i can start working on it.

Geoff

you da man
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
There's a power plant lake like 15 miles from me. It was closed after 9/11. They recently reopened it but as far as I know it's only open to fishing boats. What a bunch of bull.

Same here, limited HP fishing boats here. The warm water discharge lake near me is plenty big and is warmed by an Alcoa aluminum plant.

csm
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Have you tried Lake Bastrop? I've never been on it, so I can't vouch for it, but I thought I heard that it was always pretty warm because of the power plant.

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Same here, limited HP fishing boats here. The warm water discharge lake near me is plenty big and is warmed by an Alcoa aluminum plant.

what lake is it? The one by us is squaw creek reservoir. I also heard fairfield lake is heated.

skiyaker
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
last year made it out April 2

Hoping to make it out on my birthday this year March 11, but at this rate I'm not sure the ice will be gone

Mikey
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Early May is my goal. Depends on when ice melts and water levels are raised making boat ramps useable,depending on which couple lakes i go to. Drysuits will definetely be used for the first month for sure.

maxpower220
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Day One should be early March after I return from Bike Week. My goal is to run the course at 15' off at 28. A wish will be to run it at 15' off at 30mph.

wolfeman131
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Lease on the storage unit is up end of March, so we'll be on the water by April 1st.

moombadaze
01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
When ever I get out just wont be soon enough! But shooting for mid Feb

viking
01-13-2011, 12:18 AM
remember to put the drain plug in :)