PDA

View Full Version : Ot Wow!

Mikes
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8

viking
01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm a huge KB fan and always like his stuff. Good find and thanks for sharing :)
The guy is amazing

deerfield
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow! One of a kind. Question: Does he shift gears using floor shifter? I see his right hand touching something on the steering wheel that seems timed to the sound of gears changing/engine RPM. - Deerfield

Mikes
01-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I think he shifts with a paddle on the steering wheel. His right hand is on the rear brake lever.

JesseC
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow! One of a kind. Question: Does he shift gears using floor shifter? I see his right hand touching something on the steering wheel that seems timed to the sound of gears changing/engine RPM. - Deerfield

I think instead of a floor shifter it has paddle shifters, but it is a electronic manual gear box. They put one in that million dollar mustang. It was a manual with a clutch but there was no shifter, just the paddles to move the manual transmission gears. Kinda neat!!!

kaneboats
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Guess a set of tires don't last that dude too long.

Mikes
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
The rear tires blow out near the end and you can see sparks from the wheels!

viking
01-11-2011, 12:52 AM

Deerfield.........as mentioned earlier they use paddle shifters on the steering wheel. In fact they've used them for years in rally cars and high end exotics like the lambo and ferrari's. Just now hitting the main stream on alot of consumer vehicles. My father just bought a new nissan altima and it has them!

JesseC
01-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Deerfield.........as mentioned earlier they use paddle shifters on the steering wheel. In fact they've used them for years in rally cars and high end exotics like the lambo and ferrari's. Just now hitting the main stream on alot of consumer vehicles. My father just bought a new nissan altima and it has them!

The one in the video is not used in any "normal consumer cars" just the exotics and rally like you mentioned. The ones in your father's Nissan is a paddle shift for a fully automatic transmission, there is no manual clutch in his car. The one in the video has a manual clutch and a manual gear box. The paddle shifters simply eliminate the manual gear shifter and gets rid of the "missing a gear" issue. This also allows you to mount the transmissions in the rear of the car since there technically is no shifter, just the paddles to change the gear up or down while you hold in the clutch. I would love to get my hands on one of those cars!!!!

moombadaze
01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow, wish I had one

DOCDRS
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
awesome..........just before the last burnout I was thinking wouldn't it be cool to see a before and after pics of the tread on the tires........but then I was answered