PDA

View Full Version : rada cage tower

Zihuatanejo
11-30-2004, 02:17 PM
I am going to buy a moomba outback at the minneapolis boat show this year. I am an avid slolom skier and have only tried wakeboarding a few times. To me not having a tower would not be a big deal but everyone I talk to says I have to get one for resale value is that true? I also am thinking about upgrading the motor to the 325 so I can EFI is it worth the 1300 dollars? I will probably have lots more questions any asnwers are appreciated.

Yellowmobius
11-30-2004, 02:51 PM
I was a very avid waterskier until I got into boarding, now the only time I break out the ski is if I have perfect glass. Boarding on a little chop is no big deal and with boarding there are so many tricks to learn. That being said I would most definately get the tower. I have the 350 carb it is fine, however, if I had the choice I would have bought the EFI. Better starts if nothing else. With the carb I have to give it a shot before starting.

Where in MN are you at? I am in Bismarck, ND

Good luck

Zihuatanejo
11-30-2004, 03:07 PM
I live in apple valley mn. this is my first inboard and I am very excited to get it. I will probably end up getting the tower I just hope I don't regret but it if I have the tower i'll probably wakeboard more. I have been skiing since I was 8 when my dad forced me to try. So I m trying to keep the slolom skiing alive.

noneya
11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I got the TBI motor and am really happy with it, wasnt as expensive as the full EFI yet much nicer than the carb I had before.

Get the tower!

Yellowmobius
11-30-2004, 04:48 PM
What dealer will you be buying from? I know there is good one in Nisswa and Mclaughlins in Fargo.

A few other thoughts, as I mentioned I wakeboard way more than I ski. I wish I would have bought a v-drive with a wake plate. Boat layout is nicer, it is better for boarding and with the wakeplate down I think it still has a nice ski wake.

Don't rule out a Mobius d-drive or LSV! Heater is a must have option, I added mine. A lot of people like the shower option. Board racks on the tower are great for keeping the boards out of the boat as well as the ski racks you can get. I would recommend the riser seat as well.
The swingway tounge is nice if you are storing it in a garage.

Zihuatanejo
11-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I am buying from nisswa marine I have been in contact with them since last year and they should give me the best deal that they can I hope. as far as the v drives go I don't care for the way they handle and I wake board so seldom that it wouldn't be practicle. I love to slolom and I hope to get a course sometime this summer if anybody knows where I can get one for a resonable price. I think the outback is the best boat for me. top of the line slolom and medioker wakeboarding is just fine for me. If I were to pick up the boat in the early spring and try and break it before the summer that wouldn't be a problem would it? other than the cold.

ND_Outback
12-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't want to discourage you from buying from your local dealer, but I may be able to save you some money. I purchased an 04 outback at the boat show this year, based on the fact that my son was learning to ski and didn't wakeboard much. Now, he has given up skiing completely and he only wakeboards, so we are also looking at buying the mobius at this years boat show to get a bigger wake. Let me know if you may be interested, the boat has only 21 hours on it and is in showroom condition. Boat is yellow, has tower, bimini, 320 motor, cd, and three year bumper to bumper warranty

Yellowmobius
12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
hey NDoutback,

Were you looking at the 2004 Mobius for sale on ebay in Sioux falls?
If so did you ever look at it ?

ND_Outback
12-01-2004, 01:54 PM
I did not get to look at the SD boat. I still have the information and may contact him if I decide to buy used.

Zihuatanejo
12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
i appreciate the offer but I have been having a guy from nisswa running around getting me info and taking me for test drive for a year and I told him I would buy a boat from him. I would feel bad making him do all the work and then not buying a boat from him. But if you have a truck to sell I would be interested. Does anyone know what kind of maintenance it takes to keep a teak swim platform in good condition. Is it not much or should I go with the fiberglass. I like the looks of the teak a lot better.