PDA

View Full Version : Drag time, when getting up?

erkoehler
11-21-2004, 11:35 PM
I am looking at buying an 03 mobius, and was wondering if there was good acceleration with this boat. I have skied MC and SN and am just wondering how the pull/acceleration will compare?

I want to know, do you drag through the water, or do you "pop" right up. I believe it has the 310 efi engine.

Thanks for the help.

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Sine it is a v-drive, would that affect the pull that it has? I am a beginning wakeboarder, and the other guys that I ski with are slightly better than I am. Additionally, we like to take a barefoot run every once in a while, and my brother is a good slalom skier and decent at the single trick ski.

I am just trying to make sure that I won't be disappointed with this boat. I want to make sure that I have found a boat that will meet my expectations, not let me down.

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Thought i would add a picture. Hopefully it works.

old geezer
11-24-2004, 12:32 AM
erkoehler,

Here in nothern Illinois the water temperature is 44-48 deg. f . Thats cold!!! Break out the snow skis and head to chestnut, devils head or cascade mountain

old geezer

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by old geezer

erkoehler,

Here in nothern Illinois the water temperature is 44-48 deg. f . Thats cold!!! Break out the snow skis and head to chestnut, devils head or cascade mountain

old geezer

your right it is cold, and i am not sure if I would get out any more. It seems that the best deals can be found on boats at the end of the season when everyone is done with them.

Also, there is a lake down in Southern IL that has a nuclear power plant on it. If I were to go out, that would be the place. Wet suit, or dry suit manditory!

Wake Master
11-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I have an 04 Mobius LSV with the 5.7L 340 HP EFI engine and it pulls hard with no drag. I spend most of my time wakeboarding now so pull is not a concern for me anymore.

wakeboarder89
12-21-2004, 08:30 PM
drag would not be an issue.

i wakeboard, thats all i do and when we go out we weight the boat to 1600lbs plus 4 or 5 people and the boat has no problems at all. o ya i have a mobius V w/ the 340 hp engine