PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate Trailer Height Issue

02Outback
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Since I purchased my Outback early last year (used), I always noticed that my Boatmate trailer didn't sit as high as others. By this, I mean the gap between the tire and the fender, wasn't much - barely any.

What is the reason to this and how do I go about correcting this, if possible? Is this something I can do or a dealer?

Thanks,
Cody

moombadaze
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
what size tire do you have on there?

murraymoomba
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
The spring inside the axle could be getting weak.

02Outback
01-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll have to double check the tire size, but I am pretty sure it is on par with original size - if not the exact same. What is the stock size tire?

If it is the spring inside the axle, how do I go about fixing this? Replacing the entire axle? I remember a while back there was a recall on the axles for boatmate trailers, but I am not sure if I fit into that group. Trailer is from an 2002.

lsvboombox
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I'll have to double check the tire size, but I am pretty sure it is on par with original size - if not the exact same. What is the stock size tire?

If it is the spring inside the axle, how do I go about fixing this? Replacing the entire axle? I remember a while back there was a recall on the axles for boatmate trailers, but I am not sure if I fit into that group. Trailer is from an 2002.

if its torsion springs you would most likely need to replace the entire axle....

if you buy a new axle go way beefier than you need to..... especially if its a single axle.