PDA

View Full Version : wakesurf

morty33
01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
just purchased 05 outback i live in ontario canada its snowing out so gonna have to wait till about may to drive but would like to pick up a few toys so i am ready for summer i wakeboard and ski but want to try wakesurfing what board is recommended i am 5"11 185 some feedback would be great

dusty2221
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Look into the walker project boards, they are amazing. Knowing what I know now, I never would have wasted money on boards like the broadcast or ride. The walkers are amazing surf style boards.

Grant M
01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
just purchased 05 outback i live in ontario canada its snowing out so gonna have to wait till about may to drive but would like to pick up a few toys so i am ready for summer i wakeboard and ski but want to try wakesurfing what board is recommended i am 5"11 185 some feedback would be great

Check out this link for sizing http://www.evo.com/how-to-choose-a-wakesurfer-and-wakesurfer-size-guide.aspx

Welcome to the board - there is a ton of knowledge and great people here! :D
We use a Phase 5, 56" and we are 140 - 220 lbs.

KSmith
01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
And the most important thing to remember...it doesn't matter what board you have if you keep throwing the damn rope in the boat way before your ready!!!! (you'll understand that one day - especially when your the driver)

LMAO!! Well said Ed, well said

kaneboats
01-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Second the idea of grabbing a Broadcast cheap for a beginner. Lots of fun to ride with different fin setups. Once you have surfed a (short in your case) season you will have a much better idea what you want. Also, make sure you try every board you run across to get a feel for different styles.

I love the CWB Ride for beginners. It's very easy to get up on and learn to surf. But, the Broadcast is probably more fun and with all 3 fins on it it's still pretty easy to learn. I'd recommend it for a first board that you keep forever.

sailing217
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Probably more important is how to weight your Outback for the best wave. Post up if you have a DD or V-drive and do you have sacs to fill or are you starting from scratch?

Cheap, USED beginner board off ebay or classifieds is the way to start. Might only get a few weeks before you want to upgrade, but the Ride/Broadcast type boards are great for beginners. Boards are gonna get scratched so unless big chunks, should be fine with used.

Wakesurf rope is a Must for safety. Welcome aboard

kaneboats
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
This was a pretty good thread a while back on surf setup for the OB:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11989&highlight=outback+surf