PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Warranty Transfer

snyderaaron
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm currently looking at a used 2009 Moomba LSV. The owner says the warranty is still in effect, but doesn't know if it will transfer if I buy it. Does anyone have any idea?

cab13367
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm currently looking at a used 2009 Moomba LSV. The owner says the warranty is still in effect, but doesn't know if it will transfer if I buy it. Does anyone have any idea?

Call your closest Moomba dealer, the place you will take it to if you need any warranty work done. Their answer is the only one that matters.

kaneboats
01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Take a look at his warranty info. There are several different ones including the Indmar, SC and Boatmate ones. Check them all.

cachais
01-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I bought an 08 Outback last year and was able to transfer my Indmar warranty so long as I had an inspection by an authorized Indmar dealer (they fax a completed form to Indmar) and had to pay a small fee. Call indmar they will give you the form/info. Indmar also mails you the new warranty in your name. Kicker honored a Warranty fix for their amp that came stock with the boat and Boatmate told me they would work with me if I had any issues. I called SC and for my year boat and they did not transfer the warranty (I think the only remaining component the boat had left was the lifetime hull). I did not try my local dealer as suggested above though. You have a different boat/year than mine, so I would call each of the manufactures to verify current warranty policiies.

nogoodjr
01-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Did this last year. Indmar is 200.00 plus the inspection fee to the dealer. SC wants 500.00 to transfer. In the paperwork it says transferable with a nominal fee. I was surprised that 500.00 was nominal. The only warranty left on the 2009 would be the lifetime hull warranty I believe.

Good luck