PDA

View Full Version : new moombaowner

morty33
01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
just purchased a 2005 moomba outback can i get some feedback on this boat

DOCDRS
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the club, used to have a 99 outback and it was great, I'm on ontario as well, where are you? Post some pics

KSmith
01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
just purchased a 2005 moomba outback can i get some feedback on this boat

It's a Moomba mate, nuff said and welcome to the family :cool:

kaneboats
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Congratulations on the Moomba! I had a 2000 Outback LS. Loved it. Welcome to the family. You'll find loads of info and helpful folks on here. Enjoy! Don't forget to post up some pics of the new OB. If you need help with photos, look here (my tutorial starts with post #3 on this page):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

viking
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the "roo crew".
Let's see your new ride when you get a chance to share pics.

I love my OB!

Hoopskier
01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Morty33- Welcome, only advise is enjoy. We needs some pics.

FamilyMatters
01-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Most Important Lesson I learned about the outback or any true inboard: The Boat is a Simple Lever, and the Engine the fulcrum (like a teeter-totter or see-saw). If you have more weight in front of the fulcrum when you stop, the nose is going in the water. When we go with friends most want to sit in the observer seat and Bow. The last seat to fill is the back.The driver seat the observer seat and the bow are all in front of the engine or said fulcrum. When your best friend and brother are 300+ lbs each, they make great ballast but are no fun to see-saw with. So you can either bannish an equal number of friends to the back seat or get a Utili-sac from Sumo-sac (300lbs) and put in in the storage or under the seat in the rear to balance out. Just my 2 cents.

Darren

Oh and in the South, Vapor lock really happens! Use Stabil Blue!