PDA

View Full Version : New Kamberra

newbieonthelake
02-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Recently ordered an 03 Kamberra. Went to a boat show last weekend and Malibu Rep and others trashed Moomba. I know very little about towboats but did a lot of research before I placed the order. I guess I am looking for reassurance for my decision.

Brian Raymond
02-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Newbie, trash talk only comes when you know you are beat. I strongly feel you will be happy with your decision. The Kamberra is a great boat with a versatile wake for boarding, skiing, footin' and tubing. The great feature of your new walk thru transom boat, is built in the same manner that Supra, Malibu, M.C. and CorrectCraft use. All of the above are constructed of all glass, have the same warranties, use the same engine manufacturer(except C.C) with the same warranty, and all use the same vendors in thier product. Supra/Moomba has very little overhead manufacturing costs, and has a very smart advertising and marketing program to keep from adding these costs into the price of the boat, therefore, getting an apples to apples boat at a reduced price. The resale and trade in value holds the same as the competitors boats. Congratulations on your new purchase, the time spent with family and friends on your new boat will be cherished forever, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. Brian Raymond

jimLSV02
02-07-2003, 05:58 AM
Dude,
Quality is warranty!!!!! You have it!!!!!! Enjoy it!!!!!
I bought the 2002 LSV Mobius last year and "LOVE the H" out of it!!!!!
You did your homework well! The others are out of the money thats why they mock your intellegence!
Jim :)

gavin744
02-07-2003, 01:06 PM
My wife and I are about to buy a new Mobius LSV, after talking the salesman at the boat show. My question is this...How much can you expect the dealer to come off of his boat show price? I want to get the best deal possible, without making the dealer pissed that I am trying to negotiate a good price. Thanks!

02-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Wait until you get your boat. That's all the reassurance you need.

I have tried time and time again on numerous forums to try and get people to validate their "trash talking". And no one has stepped up to the challenge. People are fixated with the fact that moomba's are cheaper to purchase, so in their simple minds, they are not as good.

I'd bet that the people talking trash have never set foot in a moomba. My buddies have an x-star and a wakesetter. And have both said that the next boat they buy will be a moomba.

02-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Wait until you get your boat. That's all the reassurance you need.

I have tried time and time again on numerous forums to try and get people to validate their "trash talking". And no one has stepped up to the challenge. People are fixated with the fact that moomba's are cheaper to purchase, so in their simple minds, they are not as good.

I'd bet that the people talking trash have never set foot in a moomba. My buddies have an x-star and a wakesetter. And have both said that the next boat they buy will be a moomba.

02-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I appreciate the feedback. I know we made the right choice for our particular needs. It seems that we never go to the lake without at least one friend for each of our two daughters. When you have that many 10-14 yr olds, the V-drive configuration with the transom walk-thru makes perfect sense to me. According to what I could gather, the Supra Santera and the Kamberra are the only ones on the market with the walk-thru.

The boat should be delivered in a week or two, so after I've had a chance to get it out, I will let you know my thoughts.

Again, I appreciate the feedback. You helped reinforce my conclusions and ultimate decision.

I guess the only thing to be concerned about now, is the color and pattern selection that we made!

Thanks.

Brian Raymond
02-13-2003, 12:22 AM
Contrary to popular belief, boat show prices and incentives, are the best time to purchase a boat. The dealers boat show prices and incentives are only good when a deposit is placed at the boat show, the options and pricing are dropped by the dealer and supported by the manufacturer to help make room for spring floorplanning. These deals can be held with a refundable deposit, and chances are, these prices won't be seen again with the awesome option pkg. Keep in contact with your local dealer (get on a mailing list with them) to update you on future shows, open houses, and on water demo days, that may offer special pricing. Brian Raymond