PDA

View Full Version : Depth Sounder

Kidder522
12-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello

I have recently purchased a 2003 Outback. I noticed that there was no depth finder with the boat. Can you purchase these and have them installed, or would it be better to just purchase my own depth finder (hummingbird etc) and have it installed in the boat?

Just new to the Moomba world, so any feedback would really help me out.

Thanks

Richard

bzubke1
12-31-2010, 02:21 PM
We had a hummingbird depth finder installed on out boat for $295 at the dealer. The dealer told us the hummingbird unit was better than the moomba one, not sure if that's true or not but it's worked great and we've never really had any problems with it.

cachais
01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I went with the Norcross D10D Depth Sounder bought at West Marine (they had a great price on it at the time) and the local stereo shop was going to install it for 50.00 but was nice enough to show me how. It is super easy when using the In Hull Transducer which glues right in so no drilling or anything to complicated. Norcross has great tech support if you have any questions. I have really liked it and am not that mechanically inclined so if I can do it anyone can. I also preferred to glue in the transducer myself because it gave me the chance to experiment with the best placement. Good luck!

kaneboats
01-01-2011, 08:51 PM
At the age of that boat I'd find an aftermarket one and install it myself.

mmandley
01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
If your serious about getting a depth gauge i highly recommend this one. I installed it last spring and it has a water temp and air temp feature and its the same as installing a normal depth only.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10211

jmvotto
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a New in Box OEM depth finder with transducer if you want it. PM me if your interested 75.00 plus shipping white with chrome.