PDA

View Full Version : WAKE SURFING

BBC
11-04-2004, 12:41 PM
I HAVE A 2004 GRAVITY GAMES EDITION LSV AND I AM TRYING TO LEARN TO WAKE SURF. SHOULD ALL MY BAGS BE FILLED OR JUST THE SIDE WERE SURFING FROM. THE OTHER THING IS WHAT SPEED SHOULD WE BE TRYING IT AT. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A REAL SURFBOARD WILL WORK TO DO IT WITH.

THANKS BBC

tripod
11-25-2004, 05:41 PM
i have an XLV, but the bottomline should be pretty close. We set the perfect pass at 10-10.5 depending on who's riding. Fill only the rear ballast on the side that you're riding on, and have everyone sit in that corner as well (not on each others laps, just on that side and towards the back). I've tried it with the one side and front, but the sell is much better with no front. If you don't have PP, you must have an excellent driver 'cause it's tough to ride without the handle in the sweet spot if you don't maintain a constant spped.

noneya
11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Real surfboards are too long, but if you have a real short one you should be OK. We went about 8-9 mph when we did it.

Aquaholic
12-14-2004, 02:55 PM
BULL....real surfboards do work because thats what we have been using for 2 seasons.
10-12 mph and load up the side you willl be surfing on. And age matters not cause my buddys' old man can walk up and down the long board like the guys you'd see in a beach boys movie.

04moblsv
01-25-2005, 10:03 PM
BBC I Have the same boat and we started surfing last year, I run the boat with the center ballast full and the one bag in the rear on the side I'm riding. put everyone in the boat sitting on the same side towards the back awesome wake. if you have the wakeplate option putting this all the way up makes a huge difference. we started on a real surfboard purchased at a garage sale for 20 bucks, so I thought what the hell give it a try worked out great, good board to learn on. half way through the season we bought a hyperlite broadcast surfboard this board is alot more fun to ride.

04moblsv
01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
forgot to post MPH we usually run 9-12 also try to run in the deepest water you can better wake than shallow water.

Shoemaker Mobius
01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
With a 2004 Mobius LSV, does it make any difference which side you weight for wakesurfing? Is one side better than the other?

austinlsv
02-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Shoe,

The wave is much better on the driver side, which means the person surfing would be riding goofy. You always surf with your chest facing the wave. OUr boats can throw a nice wave if weighted right.

Shoemaker Mobius
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Austinlsv,
Thanks for the info. How's your orange LSV doing? How many hours did you put on it last year? I don't get out on our red LSV very often anymore. My oldest son has now earned the right to take it out by himself with his friends - he doesn't want dad hanging around anymore. The only time I take it out is when my youngest son wants to go out. If you see the red LSV out with a bunch of teenagers, let me know if they are behaving and boating responsibly. BTW, we got about 70 hours on the boat last year.