PDA

View Full Version : Already getting Boating fever

mmandley
12-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Last night i was dreaming,

I had just talked to Al and Ryan the other day which is what i think sparked this dream. Here it is.

Im talking to Newty on the phone and hes in Portland for what ever reason and is at the water front telling me how much glass there is and how nice out it is and realy thinks i need to bring my boat out.

Then i call Al and he is like hell ya as soon as im off work ill meet ya there. < pretty typical thing for Al in the summer >

So i call up some other buddies and there hit and miss, call Claudia and tell her about it and wouldnt you know she drops the bomb in my dream.

She says Malo its freaking December, and we dont have out wet suits yet what are you? Crazy? LOL

Then i woke up and it was 4am booo

mcdye
12-16-2010, 09:36 AM
:( I go down to the basement, sit in the boat, close my eyes, and listen to tunes. Warm weather cant here quick enough..

sandm
12-16-2010, 11:18 AM
got in the truck the other day and the stereo fired up. only comment was: hey, that's boat music!

I'm glad that it's winter and snowing, as my lake needs to rise almost 100ft between now and march, but it really sucks looking at the boat all nestled up in the corner of the garage sleeping...

KT Mobius
12-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I am soooooooo ready for summer!!!!!!! First 60 degree day Im on the water.

jester
12-16-2010, 12:16 PM
60 degree day you are missing a lot of wakeboarding weather. When it stops getting so cold at night and the rain shows down I will be out on the water. Mike you should get a dry suit. I am hopping to be out on the water in Feb. Air temp plus water temp = way too cold but you have to love being on the water.

mmandley
12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I seriously doubt ill get a dry suit, little pricy and i enjoy the fact i get wet when i jump in the water LOL.

Last year i was in the water when it was 54 in shorts, Al can attest to that as hes got pics of us that day.

Anyhow i figure if i get a wet suit i can prolly stand the high 40s pretty well. Yea ill be cold when i get out but thats after the fact lol.

Jester you let me know when you are ready to start going out and if im off work ill drive down and be a contributor to the cause lol. Our boat doesnt go in the water till at least Mid March because the local Hagg doesnt open till then.

I wont go near the river till at least late April early May as the debre is to risky to me.

newty
12-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Jan 1st rain or shine we'll be out this year, Mike!
Half thinking of going this afternoon! Its the first time I've seen the sun in nearly a month.

dusty2221
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow, Jan 1st would be awesome, except then I would want to go every weekend starting then. Thats alot of re-winterizing. lol. Guess I will wait till March or so.

cab13367
12-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Last night i was dreaming,

I had just talked to Al and Ryan the other day which is what i think sparked this dream. Here it is.

Im talking to Newty on the phone and hes in Portland for what ever reason and is at the water front telling me how much glass there is and how nice out it is and realy thinks i need to bring my boat out.

Then i call Al and he is like hell ya as soon as im off work ill meet ya there. < pretty typical thing for Al in the summer >

So i call up some other buddies and there hit and miss, call Claudia and tell her about it and wouldnt you know she drops the bomb in my dream.

She says Malo its freaking December, and we dont have out wet suits yet what are you? Crazy? LOL

Then i woke up and it was 4am booo

Mike,

You crack me up! Going to be a long winter, buddy!

Mike/Ryan/Jester,

You guys really should look into snow sports if you haven't already. Honestly, I like snowboarding and skiing just as much, if not more, than boating. We're lucky enough to have Mt Hood and Bachelor in our backyards and this year is looking like a great snow year. I've been twice so far, and both times, it dumped a foot the night before.

Below is a vid of my son Keenan from last year - forgive my heavy breathing, we just got down a mogul run right before I started filming :) :

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/th_31431604.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/?action=view&current=31431604.mp4)

Here's me skiing a bump (mogul) run. I both ski and snowboard.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/th_b59d9011.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/?action=view&current=b59d9011.mp4)

So I'm in no hurry for summer to get here :)

Al

rdlangston13
12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
its probably 60 out where am and there is no way i am getting in the water!

bzubke1
12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Get a wet suit or dry suit! I still wakeboard and haven't been too cold as long as the air temp is over 65. Plan to go out a couple times this week actually. You're water temps are warmer than ours in north texas. Livingston is currently 66. The brazos around here is about 50-55. The hard part is finding someone to go with you. Luckily my brother is my riding partner/driver who is just as down to go out as me, otherwise who knows if I could even find a driver.

jester
12-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Mike/Ryan/Jester,

You guys really should look into snow sports if you haven't already. Honestly, I like snowboarding and skiing just as much, if not more, than boating. We're lucky enough to have Mt Hood and Bachelor in our backyards and this year is looking like a great snow year. I've been twice so far, and both times, it dumped a foot the night before.Al

Al,
I am big into snow skiing. Well I use to be. Use to be part of ski patrol also until work got in the way. One good think that snow skiing has over wakeboarding is i do not have to find a crew to hit the lake with.

Brianinpdx
12-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Mike you crack me up man!

You'd laugh your head off if I told you my dreams lately. They are usually about one of the twin boys of mine driving my car or throwing knives at each other and then I wake up and realize these buggers would probably do it!

We are headed up to Mt hood with the kids the next few weeks. This is the year I'm getting my 7 year old daughter some ski legs. This spring it's hook up with you and Al time and get her out on the water!

Busy times. Happy holidays to all you guys!

-Brian

jmvotto
12-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Al, I am with you on this one, I enjoy the snow season as much as the summer. Nice videos where was that? snow looked great.

cab13367
12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Mike you crack me up man!

You'd laugh your head off if I told you my dreams lately. They are usually about one of the twin boys of mine driving my car or throwing knives at each other and then I wake up and realize these buggers would probably do it!

We are headed up to Mt hood with the kids the next few weeks. This is the year I'm getting my 7 year old daughter some ski legs. This spring it's hook up with you and Al time and get her out on the water!

Busy times. Happy holidays to all you guys!

-Brian

Brian

Let me know if u want to hook up and go skiing some time. I think our 7 year old daughters would enjoy skiing together.

Al

cab13367
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Al, I am with I enjoy the snow season as much as the summer. Nice videos where was that snow looked great.

Joe,

That was actually in Colorado during spring break in March this year. The vid of
my son was at Copper and the vid of me was at Keystone. The one thing I miss about CO skiing is bump skiing. For whatever reason, there are no bump runs on my local mountain, Mt Hood. Don't know if it's because there's not enough skier traffic, it snows too much here, or people don't know how to ski the fall line :-)

Al

Brianinpdx
12-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Al- sounds fun.

I'm going to try to get up a few times over the holidays. I'll give you a shout. Maybe we can coordinate something. Although my daughter is just beginning. This is the season I'm going to push her a bit so another kido might be a perfect mix!

Brian

cab13367
12-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Al- sounds fun.

I'm going to try to get up a few times over the holidays. I'll give you a shout. Maybe we can coordinate something. Although my daughter is just beginning. This is the season I'm going to push her a bit so another kido might be a perfect mix!

Brian

Definitely, let's hook up over the holidays. Went up night skiing at Meadows tonite with Keenan. Was a great time. In fact, I went ahead and bought a night shift season pass - only $99 for 3-9pm, Wed thu Sun, unlimited and unrestricted. Pretty good deal considering a one night ticket is $29.

I'm going up again Wed. Let me know if u want to meet up.

Al

cab13367
12-20-2010, 02:41 AM
BTW, Meadows has an enclosed "magic carpet" lift - basically a ground level conveyor belt. Perfect place for your daughter to learn to ski.

jmvotto
12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Joe,

That was actually in Colorado during spring break in March this year. The vid of
my son was at Copper and the vid of me was at Keystone. The one thing I miss about CO skiing is bump skiing. For whatever reason, there are no bump runs on my local mountain, Mt Hood. Don't know if it's because there's not enough skier traffic, it snows too much here, or people don't know how to ski the fall line :-)

Al

I here ya. My buddies and I still ski bump runs all the time. copper was one of my favorites in summit county until i was too lazy to hike the bowl for a second time , ducked the rope and got to sit the rest of the afternoon, ski patrol out west meanz bidnezz......:mad:

saskyrider
12-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Up here it means a 6-8 hour drive min. to get to a good hill for snowboarding.... so i bought a sled! We were up at my folks last weekend and they have quite a bit already... lots of fun tearing up the ravine that runs through dad's home section of land. Apparently though a 121" track with a 1" lug doesn't cut it in the the deeper stuff! With that and hockey i'll tough it out until may... but i still think about my boat everyday!! sniff sniff i miss her!

geoff :p

thesack
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I am with ya Mike. I would have considered riding this past weekend until I saw how high the Willy was in the berg. Basically had about 2 feet of backing down the ramp before you would hit the water. Plus being by the falls almost every day and seeing what has gone over it and what is now stuck around it worries me slightly. Don't need or want my boat at AWS for repairs any time soon. Probably better idea to wait til the water level drops. Plus it would have also meant reinstalling the drivers seat and sub which I was too lazy to do since my boat is going to Exile this week.

skiyaker
12-22-2010, 10:33 AM
I have boat fever bad and I feel like I have unfinished business from last season- by the time my ankle healed up well enough to ski hard last fall the ski lake was so dry that I couldn't get the boat in. The lakes here almost never freeze in December but right now the ice fishermen are there to stay. Here's hoping that an early freeze means an early spring!