PDA

View Full Version : W8ke ??

Bit.rider
12-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Was talking to the guys in the wakesurf section about researching new board and have been doing some reading (alot) on them. But anyways, a friend of mine told me about www.w8ke.com. Emailed them and I guess they are going to do a surf sale next month. Has anyone bought from here? Good or bad experience? prices look pretty cheap.

Thx

newty
12-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Bought a board and bindings for my daughter and a new rope last weekend. So time will tell. I'll let you know.

jmvotto
12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
I just joined and have not bought anything , but i just got a demo phase 5 prop for the kids from Towanza.com its in great shape justed neede a cleaning after the transport in the car parts box, it was packed very well though.

kaneboats
12-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Don't lose or forget your password once you join. I clicked on the "forgot password" and by the time they emailed me one (about 30 hours later) they were already sold out of all the current sale stuff.

lsvboombox
12-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I ordered from them. its been awhile and havent got it yet but they said they are waiting on the order to come in from the manufacturer.... and for the price I paid I dont mind the wait....

mmandley
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
They are new and i havnt bought anything from them but i sent out a bunch of emails and text messages to people. Just so happens i know these folks and there local in Oregon

sandm
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I signed up, but so far all the stuff I have seen appears to be the same concept as boarders best buy, just on a much smaller and beginning(new business) scale.
I'll give them a year to see how the shipping is and the reviews are.
I thought-could be wrong and apologies if I am-that they are related to wakemakers. they were shakey at best until recently as it relates to shipping and being able to contact them. time will tell...

brain_rinse
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I ordered Dec 2 and my order still shows as processing. I saw somewhere that they don't ship the order until the current deal is sold out, so I haven't hassled them yet. Seems like a strange model though.

jmvotto
12-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I ordered Dec 2 and my order still shows as processing. I saw somewhere that they don't ship the order until the current deal is sold out, so I haven't hassled them yet. Seems like a strange model though.

smells like wakemakers to me. mike knows them, odd business model, sadm thinks they are related. doesn't wake makers only ship on the 1st and 15th something odd like that. good deals though...:D

Brianinpdx
12-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Good guys, very cool business model. I know them too. The whole thing is to create a private community with unbeatable deals. Kinda like a group buy of sorts. That's why the deals only last a few days.

Info here

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/w8ke-com-launches-new-website/

viking
12-15-2010, 01:43 AM
signed up awhile ago and just keep watching every now and then. Seems like the deals on the "up next" don't necessarily show up ......... well, next??

lsvboombox
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
:grin:

got an email from w8ke that my order shipped.... took a little why but I saved some good coin

Bit.rider
12-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Looks like the w8ke.com deal changed.

Can I put one of those 800lb bags in an LSV rear locker? Prices seem to be pretty damn good from what I saw from googling. But would be nice to know if it fits. Anyone?

newty
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Turns out Santa brought me a bucket of Boat Love (Babes Goodies) for Christmas. Word on the street is She/He got it from w8ke.com.
So I'd say its legit. Get your cheap gear on!:p

lsvboombox
12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Turns out Santa brought me a bucket of Boat Love (Babes Goodies) for Christmas. Word on the street is She/He got it from w8ke.com.
So I'd say its legit. Get your cheap gear on!:p

definitely legit.. the return label on the box actually said wakemakers.com