PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Snow Storm

snowboardcorey
12-13-2010, 02:21 PM
All you midwest peeps get shoveled out?

We got about 16-17" in Minneapolis, haven't seen snow like this since I was a kid!!! Bummer is I had a snowmobile when I was a kid and don't now :(

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
i saw the metro dome roof collapse on tv. down here in texas it was in like 40s and 50s and i thought it was cold until they mentioned -21 in minneapolis. i fee bad for you guys!

BensonWdby
12-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Spent most of Saturday snowblowing driveways. Did mine and two neighbors twice. We must have had at least 18 inches in Woodbury. Drifting was just as much of a problem. Now it is the cold we get to deal with.

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 09:44 PM
i have some friends up in platteville, wisconsin. they sent me some photos on the cell phone. looks like a winter wonderland!

BensonWdby
12-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Definitely beautiful it you don't have to drive in it. The good news is that the snow removal in Minnesota is probably as good as it gets. In our neighborhood most of the roads were plowed twice on Saturday and by Sunday morning we were pretty much down to the asphalt and as close to 'curb-to-curb' as we will probably get all season. Most of the neighbors driveways were completely cleared by Sunday night.

snowboardcorey
12-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I live in NE Mpls and our street is plowed curb to curb, even the alley is pretty good. I figured it would take almost a week to get to this point.

On the other hand it took me 3 trips with a shovel to get the sidewalk and driveway clear!!! Every year I tell myself I don't need a snowblower... idiot!