PDA

View Full Version : 2007 mobius lsv

yager97
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi all,
Seriously considering upgrading to the newer hull LSV, I currently have an '03, and I am looking to upgrade the wake and the overall quality. after testing many other boats, and not willing to pay the ridiculous price tags of the nautiques/Malibus, it has come down to newer Moomba or much older malibu/nautique. I have had an opportunity to drive and sit in the newer moombas, however, havent had a chance to ride behind one. The major problem I have with my existing boat is the wake curls over very easily, and is soft. We put around 2500 pounds in it, and its getting somewhat overloaded for the freeboard. do any of the advanced riders on this board have any experience with the newer hulls, and how they need to be weighted for a hard, well shaped wake with no curlover? The cost for this upgrade is minimal, so it is tough to say no to, but I dont want to be dissapointed as we have 4 feet of snow here already and getting out to ride behind it isnt an option. I am about a week away from pulling the trigger. It comes with all the essentials needed to wakeboard, perfect pass, wakeplate, gravity 3, appearance package (not sure what that includes for 2007, if anyone knows please advise) Thanks in advance

kaneboats
12-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Appearance in 08 included the docking lights and chrome rubrail. I think stainless cupholders were standard in 08 but might have been part of the package in 07. Pop up cleats too, maybe. Can't speak to the riding wake but the 06-newer LSV hull is one of the greatest do everything hulls you'll find. It's bigger and deeper and can safely take more ballast. I haven't run into anyone yet that doesn't love it. Hopefully some real serious riders will chime in with some wake feedback for you.

you da man
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll vouch for what you are saying about the soft wake. My friends have the exact year/model LSV and the wake is too soft for my liking. Also, does your boat ride with bow pretty high?

bzubke1
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I think you'll be pretty happy with the wake of new LSV. We normally ride it with Gravity 3 completely full and a 750# fat sac across the front seat at 23.5-24 with the wakeplate all the way up. I got a few pics and videos of the wake if you're interested.

If the one you're looking at has an upgraded prop thats even better. I have the stock prop and it's pretty sluggish with anything over 2000 lbs.

yager97
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll vouch for what you are saying about the soft wake. My friends have the exact year/model LSV and the wake is too soft for my liking. Also, does your boat ride with bow pretty high?

I hear what you are saying, and yes, we need a little more weight up front for sure. the amount of weight I plan on putting up front next year would likely leave the nose a mere few inches above the waterline, and I dont trust very many people to drive it like that. Another reason for the upgrade - safety

yager97
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I think you'll be pretty happy with the wake of new LSV. We normally ride it with Gravity 3 completely full and a 750# fat sac across the front seat at 23.5-24 with the wakeplate all the way up. I got a few pics and videos of the wake if you're interested.

If the one you're looking at has an upgraded prop thats even better. I have the stock prop and it's pretty sluggish with anything over 2000 lbs.

I wouldn't mind checkin out the vid, have you ridden behind many different wake boats? can you speak to the firmness of the wake? Thanks,

bzubke1
12-12-2010, 04:51 PM
The wake is nice and firm as long as there is enough weight up front. If there is too much weight in the rear it does get a little softer. The only other true wakeboat I have ridden is a friends 2001 super air nautique 210. The wake is real hard and steep but doesn't have as much transition as the LSV, it is also a bit narrower than the lsv so I was landing everything in the flats. Other than the wake the nautique is much smaller on the interior, but does have a very nice wake. It's been a while since I rode that boat and at the time I weighted our boat different so I would like to ride it again for a better comparison. I'm uploading a video now I'll post the link in a minute.

yager97
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
The wake is nice and firm as long as there is enough weight up front. If there is too much weight in the rear it does get a little softer. The only other true wakeboat I have ridden is a friends 2001 super air nautique 210. The wake is real hard and steep but doesn't have as much transition as the LSV, it is also a bit narrower than the lsv so I was landing everything in the flats. Other than the wake the nautique is much smaller on the interior, but does have a very nice wake. It's been a while since I rode that boat and at the time I weighted our boat different so I would like to ride it again for a better comparison. I'm uploading a video now I'll post the link in a minute.

sweet, thanks a lot!

bzubke1
12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Man it took forever to upload that. The details are in the description.

http://vimeo.com/17741689

bzubke1
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Guess I don't know how to embed it. Oh well.

rdlangston13
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Man it took forever to upload that. The details are in the description.

where are you riding in this picture? looks like a river??

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 12:05 AM
That's the brazos river near weatherford. Its one of the best spots to wakeboard and ski in texas. Butter for miles.

kaneboats
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice vid. River looks great.

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 03:16 PM
sounds like ill have to make a camping trip up that way this summer! can you fill me in on all the secrets of the area?, where to launch, hang out ect ect

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 03:40 PM
There's two different stretches of the Brazos river that are great for riding. The place I usually ride is where the river flows into lake granbury. The second is where the brazos flows into lake whitney. There are no public camping grounds where I ride but hamm creek is a good place to camp and launch the boat on the stretch north of lake whitney. The lake whitney stretch is definatley more scenic but the water levels out there drop more often. Both have good beaches to pull up to and chill. But "tin top"(what locals call the area I ride) has a rope swing out of a tree that is a lot of fun. Both places are better to go during the week. The weekends can get kinda busy.

Have you ever been to the trinity river north of lake livingston?

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
There's two different stretches of the Brazos river that are great for riding. The first is where I usually ride where the flows into lake granbury. The second in where the brazos flows into lake whitney. There are no public camping grounds where I ride but hamm creek is a good place to camp and launch the boat on the stretch north of lake whitney. The lake whitney stretch is definatley more scenic but the water levels out there drop more often.

Have you ever been to the trinity river north of lake livingston?

i have not, we used to own lake front land on livingston when i was a kid by my dad sold it when he moved to venezuela for work in 1996. now he is kicking himself for it. i used to live in dallas and the trinity river was always associated with dead bodies

i used to go to whitney when i was a kid and do the cluff jumping (we did not have a boat)

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I've heard the trinity north of livingston is supposed to be amazing, apparently you can ride one way until you hit half a tank then go back the other way and it's all smooth and deep. Bethy creek resort is real popular and I've heard they have a system 2.0 but I might be wrong. I want to make a trip down there I'm just nervous about the gators.

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 04:35 PM
This is the swing I was talking about at tin top. You could spend hours there, it never gets old.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/ropeswing.jpg

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
well like i said, we used to own property at livingston and that is where we went boating and tubing and such when i was a little kid. i had no idea there were even gators out there until last year when someone told me about it. apparently they only hang out in coves in certain parts of the lake. i have no heard many stories of people being attacked.

i might have to make a trip up there and check out the trinity if it is that smooth. not as far of a drive for me as it is for you. if you go let me know and ill see if i can't meet you with my lsv

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping to get down there at least once next summer.

If you ever come up towards DFW let me know i'll show you around the river.

Hillbilly
12-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Older Super air's have by far the firmest wake in the business !

Older Vlx Malibu's in my opinion are very similar to the Lsv, But if you run to slow with a lot of weight they both have a false lip...Or I guess it would be a mushy lip. But I think the Lsv can be more vert then the Vlx.

I am lucky enough to ride with a few guy's that have a lot of big tricks and they never complain about the Lsv. I do run about #2700 in it though.

All are good boats and I decided to get my Lsv because it was the same price as a used boat that would have been 4-5 years old ( 210,VLX,X2 ) And my friends have all 3 of those other boats so I can still ride them throughout our rotation.

I do believe the fit and finish is not as plush on the Lsv as the other boats. But my driver seat is comfy and the wake is good so I'm happy with it.

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 08:36 PM
How do you weight your boat? And do you have any problems with dipping the nose?

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
i am up around dfw all the time (grew up in richardson). i will definitely let you know when i am up there next in the summer and ill bring the boat as well

bzubke1
12-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds good.

yager97
12-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the vid, wake looks real good, does look alot like an older malibu vlx. Looks very different to my current lsv and thats what I was hoping to see.

bzubke1
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
So you gonna stick with moomba? I wouldn't blame you if you went with a vlx or super air though. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of em.

yager97
12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
wont know till January 8th, going to go look at it then, and if the boat checks out ill be buying it, I was offered a good deal on a 2007 with a good trade in value on my 2003, if I had the coin I would definately go with the malibu or nautique, but I would rather keep that extra cash and spend it on gas actually using the boat.

yager97
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Looks like the dealer wont let me put down a deposit on the boat till spring, which for me is crucial, as I have no intention of buying a wakeboard boat without test driving it and riding behind it, which is impossible right now due to frozen lakes. After talking with the dealership sales guy I bought my first boat from at the boat show, it looks like I will be working a deal to get into a nautique 210 team, they will let me put down deposit and test it in the spring, like a good dealer should. Unfortunately in Ontario Moomba's dealership network is definately lacking, we have one ridiculously overpriced dealership in the Muskokas that tries to sell moombas for the price of a nautique, and the other is simply too far away from my area.

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 02:14 PM
A brand new 210?

yager97
01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
definately not a brand new 210. 2003 to a 2006

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 04:12 PM
The wake on those is awesome. I'm sure you'll love it. Their a little smaller interior but lets face it you're having all your fun behind the boat anyways. Got any pics of the boat you're getting?

yager97
01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I'll post it up when I know!!!

bzubke1
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Awesome. My buddies has the 8.1L engine. It's a beast to say the least, it rattles your brain standing on the platform.

yager97
03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Looks like im keeping the Moomba, bought a new truck instead. We will be experimenting with really dumping the front of the boat this year see if that helps the wake curling over issue, new ballast bags just arrived, 1000lb triangle bow sac, and replacing the old style ski locker bag with the current 400lb bag.

bbuhtz
03-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't know if the 03' hull is the same as the 00', but my current setup has a wake with some pop. This is my buddy, but you can atleast see the wake's thickness at the peak. I think you went with the right route of getting a truck vs. newer boat.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/extreme360/untitled.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/extreme360/untitled2.jpg

yager97
03-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I think so. The boat seemed to have a much nicer shaped wake when it was stock, I rode it at 70 feet, 22mph, and the wake was a very desirable shape. as soon as I upgraded the rear sacs to 500 lb bags, the wake took a turn for the worst even when we added the two stock bags in the back to the front. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with the boat this year with all the extra weight up front. pic attached shows stock wake from 4 years ago.

yager97
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
forgot the pic

bbuhtz
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
really the stock wake surprised me... my boat didn't come with factory ballast so everything is custom. it may sound goofy but i filled the boat up with 15 or so people, way over max, and pretty much moved people around, to different ballast locations, to really determine what ballast setup i needed/wanted to go with. three people in each rear locker looks funny as hell cruising around... the boat looks like some batman, Ady Gil boat from Whale Wars (retarded as* show btw). but anyways, goodluck with whatever setup you end up going with.