PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Thieves

04OUTBACK
12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS! They broke into my storage unit.
Took 5 Wakeboards with bindings and 2 surfboards... and 2 snowshoes!
And I think a pair of snowboard boots. (My extra pair)
I am spittin mad! Sheriff called me today to tell me locks were cut off..didn't know what was missing.
UGH!!!!
Hoping my renters insurance is gonna cover this.
May the fleas of 10000 camels infest their bed tonight.
I work hard to buy my stuff. GET A JOB THIEVES!

Rant over.. OK.. Now I'll be following the Deals a little closer...

yearround
12-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Dang brad sorry to hear you got cleaned out. Did they go in other units too or did they scope yours only?

We have had some steel product stolen from a job site. They probably get 500 salvage, but it costs us 10k.

Hope they didn't vandalize they boat on the way.

wolfeman131
12-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Ah, that just plain sucks! Sorry to hear abou this, but anxious to see your new gear.

Ian Brantford
12-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Friggin'... well, thanks for posting this. It is a timely reminder to take pictures of all of the winter and summer gear for insurance, now that it is between seasons and I have it all in one room. I had to itemise everything five years ago when buying my XLV and my jaw dropped when I realised that it's about $6000 worth of stuff... and must be more now.

deepcove
12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
I feel for you man......6 weeks ago I had 2 guitars ripped off with replacement value 10k.....probably best if I never find out who did it cause I would end up in jail.

moombadaze
12-10-2010, 08:26 AM
THAT SUCKS A$$. and may a 1000 fire ants bite the privates of the jackass's

wolfeman131
12-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Got to thinking overnight that these fools must not know what you do/have done for a living and what you like to do for fun. Bet it would be a whole lot easier to call these guys in than one of those big 'ole tom turkeys I've seen you take out.

jmvotto
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Brad, That really sucks !!!your right merry Freakin XMas, how is the boat? did they vandalize boat too. :mad:

sandm
12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
sucks to hear. watch craigslist and several of the local pawn shops. chances are it's someone that lives close, so I would suspect if they are needing cash and no friends to sell to, they will end up close to your location. thieves can be stupid that way...

good luck and hope the insurance covers it.

bzubke1
12-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Wakeboards and wakesurfs aren't gonna be easy to sell. Most likely their buddies which are probably meth heads aren't gonna buy them so I would keep an eye on ebay and craigslist and maybe go to some local pawn shops.

On a side note I hate people that steal more than anything.:mad:

kaneboats
12-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Brad, very sorry to hear about this and very sorry for you. But way sorrier for them. Imagine risking jail time to trade your soul for some wakeboard stuff. Pathetic people that take others hard earned equipment. They'll get caught. Not this time, but eventually as they keep it up. Guys that cut locks off aren't one timers. Lots of times the stuff shows up on ebay so it gets shipped far away. I don't suppose there's any video, a gate?

zabooda
12-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Why don't you put a want ad out on Craigslist for a used wakeboard explaining that you fell on tough times and you want to give something for Christmas to your kid that lives with your ex. You never know what will show up.

04OUTBACK
12-12-2010, 06:16 PM
i sat down yesterday and made a list to turn in to the police.
Adds up to A LOT OF $$$.
2 Murray's with murray an byerly bindings..
1 CWB with murray bindings..
wife's 2 boards and 2 surf boards.

ADDS up QUICK!

once I get police report, I'll talk to insurance

rdlangston13
12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
i just can't stand thieves. I work offshore and last year i came home from being at work for two weeks to find my utility trailer and my 4 wheeler which was on my utility trailer gone. have not heard a thing from the cops yet

SkiBoy
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I had some stereo equipment stolen years ago and it is infuriating. If anyone has stuff in storage units, expect more thefts. With the popularity of the reality tv show 'storage wars' and others, expect a lot more break ins. These shows show what people leave in their units. In some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars in goods. If your place has no gate and no security cameras, (down every aisle, and entrance and exit cameras) Move your stuff. Ask to see the monitor and see if they have a DVR.

Bit.rider
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
This is why I don't like buying used gear. I'm actually looking for a board right now and saw Kane's post in the classified section but I worry I'd actually be buying someone else's pitfall. Sorry about your loss man. That sux!

saskyrider
12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
that really sucks!! In our small town hardly anyone used to lock the doors on their house or take keys out of the vehicles.... then in the course of 2 weeks, 3 cars and some dirtbikes and quads were stolen. Now i lock everything. At our lake we used to be able to leave out tubes tied to the public dock while we were out wakeboarding or surfing. Then my neighbor had his stolen! IT's sad!! hopefully your insurance comes through!!

geoff

kaneboats
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
A friend of mine on our river left some stuff on the beach where we park during the day when we are out boarding and stuff. He came back and a bunch of his boards and tubes were gone. Now everyone has to leave a guard or take everything with you each time you leave out. Shameful.

It's not a spot you can really get to by car or foot so it means other boaters are the ones that got him.

zabooda
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
When I go camping and go out in the boat or on the motorcycle, I have a couple long cables that I run through anything of value and lock it to a permanent fixture like a tree. If there is nothing permanent nearby, I lock a bunch of stuff together so they have to haul it all out. The cables are cheap at Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/30-ft-x-3-8-eighth-inch-braided-steel-security-cable-67705.html

04OUTBACK
12-27-2010, 06:44 PM
spoke to Insurance finally.. got a claim started.
Sounds like I'll get some love out of this deal! I'll lose out some, but if they use replacement cost I'll be ok. JUST about everything I got I had gotten on the deal from bbb, anothersmokindeal, etc...

OK,
SO Suggestions for replacements?
Surfboard?
Wakeboards for me and the Missus?

jmvotto
12-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Get another IS Blue Lake, i liked that board. phase 5 icon just got for the girls is real nice, i may be too fat for it ... lol

glad to hear the insurance stepped up to the plate.